First Night Dining Question.

Maybe its one advantage of late dining, I have never had our luggage not arrive by late seating time. I am semi prepared anyway. We board in decent looking casual attire, kakhi's and polo shirt, my wife still likes to take the boarding photo, and we have our suits in our carry on, so we are by the pool tilll time to get to our cabins and wait for luggage.

Edited by BillOh

It didn't take long for people to try to turn this thread into yet another "What is acceptable dress in the MDR" debate... Sigh.

As others have said, for the OP, you can pretty much wear whatever you want on the first day without feeling like you're doing something wrong (since of course you know there will be the dining room attire police casting nasty glances at you that you're ruining their cruise vacation because they consider you inappropriately dressed).

When we were on the Oasis, my wife's bag did not arrive to our cabin door until 9 PM!!! We looked high and low for the bag throughout the late afternoon and early evening. The naughty room. Guest services. Back to the naughty room. Back to guest services. Etc. I have no idea where the bag was. They must have forgotten it in the most remote part of the ship. Or perhaps it was in somebody else's cabin. So my wife went to dinner wearing a tank top, shorts, and sandals. Nobody cared.

Have fun on your cruise!