Woohooo... have just booked!

Have just booked cabin 7600 for me and my son on the Jewel 10 Oct 15 from LA to San Juan via the Panama Canal.

Am so excited!!! This is my first cruise in more than 25 years!

Now it's a reality have to knuckle down and start saving like mad! Am in Australia and the airfares are about 2/3 of the price of the cruise. Plus we want to go to NY for a few days after the cruise.

Any tips about the cruise or where to stay in NY would be much appreciated.

Cheers

PS How does one get the countdown image that many members have in their signatures?

Edited by razzledee

I used to live in New York City...I can suggest some hotels...What are you looking to do when you're there? If you want to be close to the action, I suggest staying right in Times Square. There are several hotels in that area, but the Marriott Marquis I right in the center of Times Square. The Omni Berkshire Place is also very nice. That's located right next to Radio City Music Hall, and Rockefeller Center. Both of those hotels will run you about $200-$300 per night.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

Great to hear 7600 is a good cabin. I've been reading on the forums that the hump is sought after. Can you hear any noise from the bar on the deck below? Not that it worries me... I'll probably be in there a few times myself :D

Kroozen I guess we will do the regular touristy stuff (and some shopping ;). We'll be there 5 nights.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

Great to hear 7600 is a good cabin. I've been reading on the forums that the hump is sought after. Can you hear any noise from the bar on the deck below? Not that it worries me... I'll probably be in there a few times myself :D

Kroozen I guess we will do the regular touristy stuff (and some shopping ;). We'll be there 5 nights.

If you are early to bed, you may hear some of the festivities from the centrium. We never had an issue with it. That is the only outside noise we noticed.

If you are early to bed, you may hear some of the festivities from the centrium. We never had an issue with it. That is the only outside noise we noticed.

Only earlyish on port eve's otherwise I plan on cutting a few rugs on sea days. Am so looking forward to this. It's been such a long time since I've had a holiday!