Anyone been on the Adonia to the carribean

Dartmoordan

We are looking at booking the Adonia for the Caribbean and South America February 2016, a long way off I know but then I do like to book early and get a good choice of cabin. Does anyone have any experience of the ship. How many formal nights, dress code, shows etc. We are both just 60 and have previously cruised with Thomson s and Fred but are looking for a change. Any advice gratefully received.:)

Would think Adonia is ideal for the Caribbean.

Small enough to go in to the island harbours. Ship decor may not be

for everyone - very much like a country house - but you will find it very

comfortable. The crew soon get to know you. Also, if you make new

friends a second meeting is easy, unlike the monster ships.

Entertainment is low key as there isn't a theatre/cinema as such.

Very likely that the dress code will be relaxed in the heat but everyone

does dress up on the formal nights.

Plenty of deck chairs so you don't need to make several circuits looking.

Atmosphere is altogether quieter and perhaps aimed at an older age group.

If you want to book then hurry because I hear that cabins are selling fast -

which tells you something.

Would think Adonia is ideal for the Caribbean.

Small enough to go in to the island harbours. Ship decor may not be

for everyone - very much like a country house - but you will find it very

comfortable. The crew soon get to know you. Also, if you make new

friends a second meeting is easy, unlike the monster ships.

Entertainment is low key as there isn't a theatre/cinema as such.

Very likely that the dress code will be relaxed in the heat but everyone

does dress up on the formal nights.

Plenty of deck chairs so you don't need to make several circuits looking.

Atmosphere is altogether quieter and perhaps aimed at an older age group.

If you want to book then hurry because I hear that cabins are selling fast -

which tells you something.

Thanks Johnthebook we do like the country house feel of Fred's ships and are more than happy to dress up on formal nights so I think it will be for us.I will look around and see if I can find some sample menus as good and varied food is something we look forward to on a cruise.:)

We booked the Adonia last July, sailing on the 21st Jan, because I fancied the Amazon & the Orinoco rivers.

I think it was all booked up within 3-4 weeks.

We are looking forward to cruising on the Adonia, I think it will be totally different as we have cruised on the Oceana, Ventura and Azura.

Molly

Thanks Molly, this cruise goes on sale on April 11th so we'll have to make a decision soon to get a good balcony cabin. :)

We have mostly done small ships as we prefer the more ambient feel of them, our overall experience of the larger ships has not been great although destination plays a big part in our enjoyment.

We booked the Adonia last July, sailing on the 21st Jan, because I fancied the Amazon & the Orinoco rivers.

I think it was all booked up within 3-4 weeks.

We are looking forward to cruising on the Adonia, I think it will be totally different as we have cruised on the Oceana, Ventura and Azura.

Molly

Hi Molly - feels we have been back from the Caribbean for ages doesn't it.

Regarding your Adonia trip. We are looking to book for 2016 on her, do you have any information on which are good balcony cabins / decks to book (similar to the info about C deck on Azura which has been passed around).

Take care Ba.

We have cruised on the Adonia once (our first cruise) a couple of years ago. We loved it. The Queen Elizabeth is the only other ship we have cruised on. We also enjoyed the QE but preferred the smaller P and O ship; Adonia had a more friendly atmosphere and was easier to navigate around. The ambience is very much English country house.

The food was very good. We had one meal in the Marco Pierre White speciality restaurant and it was excellent. However, we only managed to eat there by sharing a table with some fellow-cruisers we met who had pre-booked. By the time we got round to it the restaurant was booked for the whole cruise.

The only downsides I can think of were that the shower rooms were quite small - not a lot of room especially if you are bigger than average I would think. Also, the pool is small - not much more than a plunge pool. We were not bothered with the lack of theatre but that might put some people off if they like the sort of entertainment available on the bigger ships.

We had a balcony cabin on A deck and it was fine with plenty of storage.

It is an adult only ship and the average age is greater than on the larger ships but that's no problem. We found our fellow passengers on Adonia great fun (in our mid-sixties we were by far the oldest on our table of six).

Anyway, like Mollie, last July I spotted the Adonia Caribbean and Amazon cruises and managed to book one of the last cabins available for the 28 night cruise starting on 22nd January. It was fully booked within weeks. So I would recommend booking early for 2016 as the itineraries seem to be very popular.

We are actually considering booking a 2016 cruise ourselves so might see you there!

Thanks for your responses we are now toying with doing the 29 night cruise, There's so little time to make up our minds I'm not yet retired but think I can take some unpaid leave to extend the holiday. The ship sounds like it would be good for us as although we're quite sociable we don't mind not having the shows as long as there is some good places to have a little drink and meet people.:)

Hi Molly - feels we have been back from the Caribbean for ages doesn't it.

Regarding your Adonia trip. We are looking to book for 2016 on her, do you have any information on which are good balcony cabins / decks to book (similar to the info about C deck on Azura which has been passed around).

Take care Ba.

Hi /Ba

Yes it does, but we are looking forward to next year:).

I don't think there are any large balconies like the Ventura and Azura, I think the only difference is if you book midship ones, they seem to be more expensive.

I did have a long conversation about this with our TA and came to the conclusion that unless we had a suite:eek: then it didn't really matter. We have a balcony on B deck forward.

Hope you and Roy are both well and your Daughter in Law is fully recovered.

Molly