Puerta Maya cruise port

marjosagb

Have been to Cozumel once before, but never to the Puerta Maya port.

We already have planned excursions in Belize & Roatan, and are considering just saving some $$ and staying at the port in Cozumel.

I see that there are a bunch of shops at the port which is nice (extremely touristy no doubt), but I am wondering what else there might be to do there? I read somewhere that there is a small patch of sand with free lounge chairs / hammocks, but there were not many details on that...

Also, has anyone walked to the shops downtown instead of taking a cab? About how long of a walk is it?

Long walk to downtown. About 4-5 miles. Taxi is about $7 for up to 4 people in a cab. $14 RT. All the larger places downtown have outlets at PM, including Cinco Soles and Panchos Backyard.

There is a strip of sand there. Views are terrific jus the ship. Not sure I'd go in the water there. Don't recall loungers but you can bring a towel. No facilities for showers or anything. After shopping around and eating, not much else to do unless you're one of the party-hearty folks that like to hang at Fat Tuesday's or 3Amigos.

I shot a bunch of HD video at Puerta Maya, Let me see if I can throw it together and post it to youtube. There a bunch of shops right there and a little park area with a view of the ship.

I'll post as soon as I can

Robert