Any recent stays at The Westin Tampa Bay?

Eeyoregon

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at The Westin Tampa Bay on Courtney Campbell Causeway and taken a shuttle or cab to the port?

I'm interested in knowing what our options are for getting to the port of Tampa from the hotel and what the most cost effective way would be.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gina

Gina,

I have not stayed there but do know exactly where the hotel is and have driven by it many times....... Nice choice BTW.

The area is very, very close to the airport..... perhaps a 5 min drive. From the airport, a taxi is $25 to the port. I would tack on a few more dollars.

Personally, if the hotel does not offer it's own port shuttle, I would do the taxi. That way, you can leave when you want to and be on your own schedule.

I have sailed out of Tampa twice and just a tip, try to arrive before 11 or 11:15 at the latest. Anytime after that, it will be a clustermuck with the line snaking around the outside of the port building. Our first cruise, we arrived about 11:45 and we were in that long line, out in the sun-no fun. The last time, we arrived at the 11-11:15 mark and walked right in, checked in and were on the ship within 20 minutes.

Have a great time !!!!!

Gina,

I have not stayed there but do know exactly where the hotel is and have driven by it many times....... Nice choice BTW.

The area is very, very close to the airport..... perhaps a 5 min drive. From the airport, a taxi is $25 to the port. I would tack on a few more dollars.

Personally, if the hotel does not offer it's own port shuttle, I would do the taxi. That way, you can leave when you want to and be on your own schedule.

I have sailed out of Tampa twice and just a tip, try to arrive before 11 or 11:15 at the latest. Anytime after that, it will be a clustermuck with the line snaking around the outside of the port building. Our first cruise, we arrived about 11:45 and we were in that long line, out in the sun-no fun. The last time, we arrived at the 11-11:15 mark and walked right in, checked in and were on the ship within 20 minutes.

Have a great time !!!!!

Thanks for the info!! We were originally booked somewhere else but I noticed the rates dropped significantly for the Westin so I jumped on it. Another question you might be able to answer. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle within a 3 mile radius. We want to gets some soda/wine for the cruise. Is there something close by? Lastly, any recommendations for dinner that night (not oober expensive)?

Gina

Thanks for the info!! We were originally booked somewhere else but I noticed the rates dropped significantly for the Westin so I jumped on it. Another question you might be able to answer. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle within a 3 mile radius. We want to gets some soda/wine for the cruise. Is there something close by? Lastly, any recommendations for dinner that night (not oober expensive)?

Gina

I have passed this hotel many times! It looks so nice! There is even a little private beach. There are many stores on either side of the Bay. That night, I would recommend to eat in Tampa. Nicer area. Columbia has THE BEST Cuban food ANYWHERE. It is a little expensive, but no too bad. About 15 an entree. It is about 15 mins from your hotel. It has been there since 1905-try the 1905 salad! I live very close to here, so tell me if you have any questions!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Gina

Gina, here are a few restaurants within that 3 mile area:

Whisky Joes http://www.whiskeyjoestampa.com/whiskeyjoes/default.aspx

Bahama Breeze http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?restaurantid=3004

And Hulk Hogans Beach bar and Grill http://www.hogansbeachtampa.com/directions.html

The Bahama Breeze, to me, is within walking distance. Also, On weekends there is sometimes a long wait, but you can call from your hotel and have your name added

to the waiting list. If you don't mind a wait, they usually have a band that plays outside, so a nice way to pass a half hour or so. BTW: their coconut shrimp and firecracker shrimp is

some of the best around, IMO.

Whisky Joe's and Hogan's is close as well but across a busy Hwy. Bahama Breeze is on the same side of the hwy as your hotel. It's just down the road about 1/4 mi maybe.

As far as a place to get beer or wine, there is a Target Super Center and a Walgreens. They are both about the same distance from the hotel.

Have Fun !!!!

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Bahama Breeze

And Hulk Hogans Beach bar and Grill

Have Fun !!!!

Unless you REALLY like to party, I would NOT recommend going to Hogans Beach!!! Our local hit music station (101.5) always hosts parties there and it gets really rowdy with drunks, scantily clad women, etc.

The nearest Publix is 8 minutes away.

8701 W Hillsborough Ave Tampa, FL 33615

Be sure to get one of their sub's!

Bahama Breeze http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?restaurantid=3004

And Hulk Hogans Beach bar and Grill http://www.hogansbeachtampa.com/directions.html

The Bahama Breeze, to me, is within walking distance. Also, On weekends there is sometimes a long wait, but you can call from your hotel and have your name added

to the waiting list. If you don't mind a wait, they usually have a band that plays outside, so a nice way to pass a half hour or so. BTW: their coconut shrimp and firecracker shrimp is

some of the best around, IMO.

Whisky Joe's and Hogan's is close as well but across a busy Hwy. Bahama Breeze is on the same side of the hwy as your hotel. It's just down the road about 1/4 mi maybe.

As far as a place to get beer or wine, there is a Target Super Center and a Walgreens. They are both about the same distance from the hotel.

Have Fun !!!!

You're the best...thanks again!! Target will work perfectly! And I do love me some coconut shrimp :D. I'm getting so excited.

• 1 year later...

Stayed here pre-cruise, and loved our room overlooking the bay! We always go to Bahama Breeze for Firecracker shrimp and shrimp scampi. Being from New England, the only good seafood to us is fresh shrimp when in Florida. Our cab came within 5 minutes. Best hotel and location for Tampa!!!