Opinions on what to do in Freeport

nbsjcruiser

We've been to Freeport only once. The first time we did a city tour thing which was nice but all I can remember from that day in truth was how hot it was and how I would much prefer to be on a beach somewhere. Second time we did a ship excursion to a beach that served lunch. It was a nice day.

What would you recommend for a day in Freeport - we'll be cruising on the NCL Sky if that makes any difference. A nice beach should be part of it. Is there anything I can do on my own? A cab to a nice place perhaps? Also, I would like some amenities like umbrellas, food washrooms and so on.

thanks

Edited by nbsjcruiser

We were at Freeport Sunday (3rd time). From the pier We took a shuttle to the Port Lucaya beach $10 round trip. Follow signs to the beach. Once there we were told its $15. for entrance, chair facilities, & pool. Since it looked like rain we opted to walk a few blocks to the free entrance. The day turned out to be beautiful. The beach was great, had we known 15$ is a great deal. Hope this helps.

Deadmans Reef/ Paradise Cove 35$ they pick you up and supply the snorkel equipment and bring you back. Saw lots of fish and coral. There is also food and a bar there if you want.