"That's my room !" Valor 9201

campdaan

We sailed in this room on the first week of a b2b last fall. The second week we had a balcony. We have booked a b2b for next fall and chose 9201 for both weeks. Liked it better than the balcony. By the way, just because the room does not show up online does not necessarily mean it is not available. They don't generally show online. You have to call to request them. We called as soon as the dates opened up for next fall.

Thanks everyone for the corrections, comments and kind words...

Here are a few last shots.

IMG_3767_zps5fd62f8a.jpg

IMG_3768_zps5fbf136d.jpg

We also had room 9197, just 2 doors down.

While I got no pictures of the room, here are 2 pics of the view.

IMG_3864_zpsd76b12b7.jpg

IMG_3863_zps9b48f4ac.jpg

We sailed in this room on the first week of a b2b last fall. The second week we had a balcony. We have booked a b2b for next fall and chose 9201 for both weeks. Liked it better than the balcony. By the way, just because the room does not show up online does not necessarily mean it is not available. They don't generally show online. You have to call to request them. We called as soon as the dates opened up for next fall.

You are so right, my cabin also was not available online. I almost gave up, when I decided to call. Sure enough, one was there. I jumped on it right away. I also liked this cabin better the balcony our friends had 2 doors down.

We could never figure out how to adjust the thermostat.

But we were so glad to be away from the sub-freezing temperatures at home, it did'nt matter.

For anyone traveling in this cabin, if it is too cold at night, be sure to call and have maintenance come and fix it. I don't know what the man did, but it was nice the remaining nights. They bring a temperature gage with them, and it was crazy low. I can't stand too much cold. After he fixed it, we had no more problems the rest of the cruise.

Campdaan...i thought I was doing something wrong when I was trying to adjust it, but it was not me. He had to literally do something else. We had no problems adjusting it after that.

That's an awesome room. I may even choose that over a balcony. Love the space and views.

I've had some pretty good rooms before.

An Aft Balcony on the Glory, An Extended Premium Balcony on the Miracle, 2 Cove Balconies on the Breeze with adjoining balconies... Plus several great Balcony rooms.

What I enjoyed most about the room itself, was the extra room. My sweetie and I tend to over pack and the room always looks like a suitcase exploded.

It was nice to have extra width in the "hallway" because we usually are banging into the over-the-door holder. Also there was ample space for a "shoe pile", which are usually all over the cabin.

We only kept the curtains open on debarkation night. It was a full moon and it was really awesome. Since this was a full itinerary, we opted for maximum sleep and opened them after waking.

We dropped the curtain in a few ports to keep the room from getting hot. And it seemed to help.

I kept banging my head into the TV. The swivel mount is pretty loose. Probably from being walked into all the time. The TV was always at an angle because of the loose mount, but was just fine. especially from bed.

And the remote was hard to navigate. Kinda didn't match what Carnival has had in the past and is on their tv tutorial.

We used the Sail and Sign kiosks when available. They have always been easier to navigate than the TV menu thing.

Several people wanted to see the room, and at one time we had 10 people in the room. We must have shown someone the room everyday.

And the windows were pretty clean the entire voyage.

The views were always awesome...

Especially leaving the ports.

Thanks for posting.

Not sure my dh would enjoy being so far forward or the lack of balcony, but I sure would.

Actually, the location is ideal.

It is close to the Atrium elevators, and then right out to Lido, across from the big screen.

I was able to get 2 over easy and back to the room in no time.

I did not miss hearing someone's balcony door slamming either.

Edited by campdaan

Thanks for all the pictures! We have this room on the Glory March, 2016...we have 2 cruises before that one but I am soooo excited for this room that I made the picture of the room my screen saver at my deck at school! Only 2 more years to wait!! LOL :p

Wow - great room (I saw one of those on a cabin crawl and it was awesome).

Looks like Waddles felt right at home there :):)

Hey Froufie !

Waddles had a Ball !...

He even has his own Platinum Sail & Sign.

Seems more people know him, than know us.

IMG_3085_zps79c96ce7.jpg

Edited by campdaan

Amazing! Are these rooms on the magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Valor, Conquest, Glory, and Sunshine.

It was said in the thread about the Freedom Drydock that she would get these, but when I called and asked the rep said no. Only time will tell which is true though.

Valor, Conquest, Glory, and Sunshine.

It was said in the thread about the Freedom Drydock that she would get these, but when I called and asked the rep said no. Only time will tell which is true though.

Thanks for answering me. That was quick!

We were in cabin 9202 this past week,03/23-30/2014, the Captains Suite, had the same issue with the cabin being very cold. Never thought to call someone to fix it. We had the plumber in our room 3 times though, twice to fix one of the non flushing toilets and once to fix the sewage that came up from the floor drain after we left st maartin. Always smelled sewage in the one bathroom, so I'm wondering if anyone else may have experienced this as well?

Edited by Mikesa1721

We were in cabin 9202 this past week,03/23-30/2014, the Captains Suite, we had the plumber in our room 3 times though, twice to fix one of the non flushing toilets and once to fix the sewage that came up from the floor drain after we left st maartin. Always smelled sewage in the one bathroom, so I'm wondering if anyone else may have experienced this as well?

We sailed in the port side Captain's Suite on the Valor way back in November 2012. We also had issues with a slow shower drain in the smaller of the two bathrooms. More than once we came back to the room to find the bathroom floor flooded.

I must say it was a minor inconvenience to us, and maintenance was quick to fix it (until the next time!). The room was fabulous, and we did not suffer the sewer smell thankfully.

Kevin C