First cruise... What to wear for dinner?

TNSunshine86

We went on the Carnival Freedom last May. loved that ship. Wanted to book her again, but due to rehab this year, had schedule conflicts. For ladies: sun dresses or skirt/ nice top is fine. Men: non denim pants with button up or polo. Add tie for formal nights. We saw some ppl really dressed to the nines... so if that's your thang... then go all out.

Actually, jeans are fine....there is nothing wrong with denim, if you don't think they're too hot for the weather! I don't wear denim in the summer, but some do.

Carnival has an "elegant" night, so you might want to bring something "dressy" for that.

You will get a much more specific answer on the Carnival Board. Also Carnival's website will have an FAQ section. You should check out.

The ships overall are rather elegant. Step it up from shorts & t-shirts but on Carnival you don't have to go crazy. Carnival is one of the more casual lines.

One thing to consider: On elegant night there will be a photographer taking pictures of people, similar to "prom photos". Its an easy way to get a nice photo of yourselves, so you might want to wear something you would like in a photograph. I don't necessarily mean something "formal", just nice.

You will get a much more specific answer on the Carnival Board. Also Carnival's website will have an FAQ section. You should check out.

The ships overall are rather elegant. Step it up from shorts & t-shirts but on Carnival you don't have to go crazy. Carnival is one of the more casual lines.

I would definitely echo this advice. We also go on the cruiseline's website for the ship we're going on before a cruise and read up on the FAQs (it used to be that we would get a little pamphlet in the mail, but nowadays it's on the Internet). We did this even before our last cruise even though we were repeating a ship.

And consider the weather. To me, the Caribbean is way too warm to wear jeans. Light fabrics. For women, sun dresses for non-formal wear. Tropical shirts for men.

My hubs and I are going on our first cruise on the Carnival Freedom in May. My question is... What clothes do we need to pack for dinner? What is the dress code?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Quick answer 1- Black suite will be fine on Carnival.

If your flying coach, you will be subject to 50 Lbs. 1st bag plus 1-carry-on & the airlines are enforcing the size & weight restrictions.

The Freedom has self serve laundry rooms with irons, use the hair shampoo or pick some laundry soap & spray starch at any of the local stores in Fort Lauderdale. They even have a dollar store in town.

FYI, Carnival will allow 1-bottle of wine per passenger at embarkation only, Fort Lauderdale does not sale booze on Sundays until noon.

Fort Lauderdale has a trolley & bus system, go to the City Web site for more information.

From the airport use a taxi, fast & inexpensive, about $14 to Port Everglades.

I always tell people to wear what they would wear to a summer wedding, or to church. Not super fancy, but nicer than just what you would wear to go grocery shopping or a ball game.

For elegant nights, most men seem to wear button-down shirts, sometimes with ties, and dress pants or something like Dockers. The women often choose tops or dresses with sequins or sparkly ornamentation.

When we first began cruising, it seemed that Elegant Night was more formal...we saw many tuxedos, and prom-type dresses. Not so much anymore.

If you take a 7 day cruise you have two formal nights usually on the 2nd or 3rd night and usually the 6th night depending on your itinerary. 3 or 4 day cruise it's one formal night.

Formal night: dress slacks or pants, button up shirt or suit/ tux for men. Women: dresses and shoes

The other nights you can wear casual attire just no bathing suits, shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums