Oasis 3/22-29/14, so, so writing, pretty good pictures, very pretty girls!

Thanks for sharing Caneguy. Loved the pics and writing.

Thanks Mary,

I am glad you enjoyed the review. Love your cruise critic name, I always want to be cruising again!!

Caneguy,

After reviewing the Compass for each day, I could not find the "Battle of the Sexes" event. Is this no longer offered on the Oasis?

Thanks,

They also didn't have a white out party night that I've had on the past few cruises. They did do Quest but it turnout was very low for a ship with 5000 passengers. Probably because it was mostly families with kids.

Your children r gorg!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Mrsfabo,

The girls are our best friends daughters who were on the cruise with us, so I thank you for them. I have two son's who are good looking :) but crazy...

P1010382_zpse9034492.jpg

going over some of the pictures from my cruise and thought I would post a few more that I did not in the review...

CentralParkdaylight_zps13205f82.jpg

CENTRAL PARK DAYTIME

lookingdowntheOasis_zpsa43edb86.jpg

LOOKING DOWN THE OASIS

outtotheboardwalk_zpsc06477cf.jpg

GOING INTO THE BOARDWALK

sunsetattheSolarium_zpse1bba1aa.jpg

SUNSET IN THE SOLARIUM

Great Review any chance you can share TA?

Thanks so much for the props!! I can not post a travel agent's name on this thread, if you give me your e-mail I will be happy to e-mail you the information.

I see your wife has the dress code for dining room down pat.

Love the ship pictures. Gotta get us booked on one of them someday soon.

My wife dresses well!! Thanks for the prop on the pictures!! You will love the ship so book that cruise!!

Hi Caneguy. Thank you for the great review. We are going to be on Oasis Eastern on 5/31/2014.

I have a question about the specialty dining. I finally decided to book Chops, Giovanni's and 150 Central Park for the 5 of us. To get 20% off I think I needed to make reservation before sail date. I was surprised it was already tough to get the times I wanted (6 - 7) on sea days. I think I like the menu better for 150 Central Park 1st part of week but I can only get a reasonable time before 9:00 pm 2nd part of week.

Did you make your reservations ahead of the cruise? I already paid for the 3 restaurants. I am hoping that there are more reservations available once we get on board.

Thank you

Hi Caneguy. Thank you for the great review. We are going to be on Oasis Eastern on 5/31/2014.

I have a question about the specialty dining. I finally decided to book Chops, Giovanni's and 150 Central Park for the 5 of us. To get 20% off I think I needed to make reservation before sail date. I was surprised it was already tough to get the times I wanted (6 - 7) on sea days. I think I like the menu better for 150 Central Park 1st part of week but I can only get a reasonable time before 9:00 pm 2nd part of week.

Did you make your reservations ahead of the cruise? I already paid for the 3 restaurants. I am hoping that there are more reservations available once we get on board.

Thank you

Hi Taylortime05

Thanks for telling me that you liked the review. We booked all our dinning reservations as soon as we boarded the ship (all from the same restaurant). Had no problem getting our times between 7-7:30. On the Allure we did the same thing but at 6PM and had no problem. We were a party of 6 on Oasis and 8 on the Allure. The only thing was our Oasis cruise was during spring break and maybe with all the kids on board the specialty dinning was slower than usual. I think you should be OK.

You are going to LOVE the Oasis!!

Alright, now I need to know how you got the overhead shot of the Allure Aquatheater. Checking my deck plans...

Hi Shabot,

I shot that from between the flowrider's in the middle of the deck holding the camera over the rail...

Thanks for looking at my review

Awesome review, caneguy, and I am only about half way through. This pesky thing called "work" keeps getting in the way of my Cruise Critic reading. Will read more tonight for sure.

Thanks for suggesting that I check it out my "First time on the Oasis..." post. I am going to follow your suggestion and book Giovanni's for sure.

Edited by rudikins

Great review! Can't wait for our turn in a little over 3 weeks!

Thanks for posting...You are going to LOVE the Oasis!!

Awesome review, caneguy, and I am only about half way through. This pesky thing called "work" keeps getting in the way of my Cruise Critic reading. Will read more tonight for sure.

Thanks for suggesting that I check it out my "First time on the Oasis..." post. I am going to follow your suggestion and book Giovanni's for sure.

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY I know you will!!!! thanks for reading the review

Great review and OMGosh awesome pics:D

We are booked on the westbound TA on Oasis and cannot wait, this will be our first RCL cruise and from all my reading knew a week onboard wouldn't be enough so went with the TA.

Can you email your TA info please julia dot winik0116 at gmail dot com

We are booked in a CP balcony and excited to try a cabin not available on other lines as well as the great view.

Great review and OMGosh awesome pics:D

We are booked on the westbound TA on Oasis and cannot wait, this will be our first RCL cruise and from all my reading knew a week onboard wouldn't be enough so went with the TA.

Can you email your TA info please julia dot winik0116 at gmail dot com

We are booked in a CP balcony and excited to try a cabin not available on other lines as well as the great view.

Oh what a great trip you are going on with the Oasis!! Thanks for the comment on the review and pictures. Will send you the travel agent info when I get badk to work on Monday.

On the Allure I booked the CP balcony for my mom and also for my sons and they both loved it. My Mom loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch the people in Central Park.

Great Review! Having been on Allure twice and Oasis, with 42 days till I board Oasis again. I have learned of new things to try out! Thanks so much for the tips and sharing your cruise with us!

Edited by ajp76

Great Review! Having been on Allure twice and Oasis, with 42 days till I board Oasis again. I have learned of new things to try out! Thanks so much for the tips and sharing your cruise with us!

Thank you ajg76. I have been on Allure twice and Oasis once and there are still so many things that I want to do but seem never to have enough time, next year I hope to go to Norway for the fjords and then an Oasis class again:)

Hi Caneguy,

I appreciate your review. We are going on Allure in 2015--first cruise without our kids!

So we are thinking of purchasing a dining package for the Central Park specialty restaurants. I think we save about 25 percent this way.

Does anyone know if the menu choices will be the same for the people purchasing the package deal for the specialty restaurants as they are for everyone else? Just checking.

Robin

Hi Caneguy,

I appreciate your review. We are going on Allure in 2015--first cruise without our kids!

So we are thinking of purchasing a dining package for the Central Park specialty restaurants. I think we save about 25 percent this way.

Does anyone know if the menu choices will be the same for the people purchasing the package deal for the specialty restaurants as they are for everyone else? Just checking.

Robin

Hi Robin

the menu is the same for everyone. You are going to love the restaurants in Central Park!

Great review:)!

Thanks so much!!