Military rates

spotte

I think I need to make some calls. He has his own cabin with military rate, nothing to do with me. I called in the reservations when we got to his, I specifically asked what is needed for my sons reservation for the military form, she told us the DD214 copy. I asked how/when to get it over, she said just bring it him when he boarded. I heard her correctly, especially with the fact I enquired about mailing/faxing, and that was her reply. This was Carnival directly.

Id call back again just to make sure. they gave me a totally different email address to mail all my papers.

Interline@carnival.com is the address they gave me to mail documentation.

I think I need to make some calls. He has his own cabin with military rate, nothing to do with me. I called in the reservations when we got to his, I specifically asked what is needed for my sons reservation for the military form, she told us the DD214 copy. I asked how/when to get it over, she said just bring it him when he boarded. I heard her correctly, especially with the fact I enquired about mailing/faxing, and that was her reply. This was Carnival directly.

First, is your son active duty or a veteran/retired? If he is active duty, he does not have a DD214 to present. Secondly, the rep you spoke with was wrong. It must be sent prior to the cruise.

Id call back again just to make sure. they gave me a totally different email address to mail all my papers.

Interline@carnival.com is the address they gave me to mail documentation.

I used the exact same address. In fact, I also email my PVP as well and she ensured it was stored for future use so I don't have to resend it with every cruise I want to use the military rate on.

First, is your son active duty or a veteran/retired? If he is active duty, he does not have a DD214 to present. Secondly, the rep you spoke with was wrong. It must be sent prior to the cruise.

He's veteran/retired (dd214 needed). I just logged in and there isn't even mention of a military code anywhere on the paperwork. It was paid in full on February 20, and the amounts match what I figured before calling

He's veteran/retired (dd214 needed). I just logged in and there isn't even mention of a military code anywhere on the paperwork. It was paid in full on February 20, and the amounts match what I figured before calling

Just got off the phone with them, I guess we can consider ourselves lucky. Thanks everybody, will be emailing his copy as soon as he gets home tonight.

I'm glad he is sending his DD214 because Carnival has the right to change the rate to whatever the rate is the day of sailing if proper documentation was not presented in a timely fashion. If he did not send in his DD214, they could charge him rack rate at the port of embarkation.

We already went and came back I went over our spring break.

I was given the military rate.

Called to active duty is if they are reserve and called to active duty. Otherwise military rate is for active duty and family.

Military Rate is not for active duty only. Reserve, Guard, and retired can use it.

Yes you can be active duty and still have a DD214. You can have multiple DD214. But if you don't have one you can use your L.E.S.

Just thought I would post this in the effort to help. It is directly from the CCL website.

Military Terms & Conditions

ELIGIBLE PERSONNEL

The military promotion is available to the following members of the United States Military and Canadian Department of National Defense:

* Active Personnel

* Spouses of active Military personnel called to active duty or stationed overseas will be eligible to book one

cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by

submitting a copy of the official military orders and/or duties documentation and proof of marriage.

* Reserve Personnel

* Active Cadets

* U.S Coast Guard Personnel

* Active member of the National Guard

* Uniformed members of the USPHS (U.S Public Health Services)

* Retired Personnel

* Retired member of the National Guard

* Honorably Discharged member of the National Guard

* Veterans, defined as: Individuals who have actively served in the Military for at least two years or during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged.

RESTRICTIONS:

* Rates apply to qualifying military personnel who are permitted to book one stateroom.

* Retired military personnel may book one stateroom and must travel in this stateroom.

* Military rates are not applicable to: 1) employees of the Department of Defense/civilian personnel, 2) Military Affiliates, and 3) Contractors for the military.

BOOKING PROCEDURES:

* The military personnel must submit verification of eligibility for confirmed bookings.

* Verification of eligibility includes one of the following:

* Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.

* Copy of military retirement papers (DD214 or DD256)

* Copy of proof of honorable discharge (Form DD214)

* Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military paystub, provided the social security number is blackened out.

I just stopped by this thread to say thank you to all of the military personnel and family members for your tremendous sacrifice. Without you all, we would not be able to enjoy many of life's pleasures, cruising included!

Carry on... :)

Yes you can be active duty and still have a DD214. You can have multiple DD214. But if you don't have one you can use your L.E.S.

The only possible way I can think of to have a DD214 while still on active duty is if you are prior service and so you have a DD214 from the prior service.

The only possible way I can think of to have a DD214 while still on active duty is if you are prior service and so you have a DD214 from the prior service.

Yes that is one way. Or people who are in the Guards or reserves who get deployed. Every time they get deployed they are on active duty, at the end of each deployment they get a DD214. After deployment some people go permanent active duty. I myself have 2 DD214 and have not retired yet.