Xmas or NYE

Wippi6

Xmas or NYE  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Xmas or NYE

• Norwegian Getaway Xmas
    • Norwegian Getaway NYE

Hello,

We are looking at booking the Norwegian Getaway during the kids winter/holiday break. We have 4 kids 16, 14, 5, & 4, me and hubby and my parents. We have been on several RCI cruises over Xmas and have really enjoyed them. There were plenty of kids for all of the kids, teens and little ones for our kids to become friends with. So here is my question, we are thinking of doing the cruise over NYE this year for a change but thought possibly there would be a lot less kids, teens etc… on the NYE cruise and more adults.

Can someone let me know their experiences on NYE cruises vs. Xmas ones?

Thank you.

We haven't done a Christmas cruise, but we've done NYE. It was packed with kids, and lots of fun for our son. Where we live, the break from school encompasses both Christmas and New Year's, so the same amount of kids would be out of school and available to cruise. I would assume this is the case most places. I also assume (just my own opinion), that more people have plans with extended family at home on Christmas as opposed to New Year's, so it would seem if given a choice of the 2, more people with kids might choose New Years instead. (That is simply my own logic and not based on any stats or anything.) Regardless, due to how the breaks from school fall, you are going to have plenty of kids whichever you choose.

You say you've cruised over Christmas before several times. We did it for the first time this past Christmas. It was packed with kids. All decorated and everything. I just didn't care for it. I like being home for Christmas. We cruised over New Year's the year before, and I liked that better. still lots of kids and everything. For Christmas, we were on the Jewel. For New Year's, we were on the Star.

We have been on the pearl, spirit and sun for Xmas and nye

The pearl and spirit had fantastic parties nye for all the family with lots to do. Xmas was brilliant for kids, there was Santa giving presents to very one upto 28, carols Xmas eve etc

I was disappointed by the sun nye party, it seemed to be aimed at the young 20s and teens with boom boom, umpta umpta music - or to be honest aimed and to please the cruise director staff!

If I had to choose between the 2 I'd still pick nye as the Xmas decorations are all still there and you feel like you get a bit of both

We saw no difference in the no of kids on board - 2 of them were back to back and as many got on for the nye portion as got off - approx 500 kids on each

Edited by Tiggertastic