port hole ?????

casperbks

We were on the Elation in January, they can push the twin beds together to make a queen. We did have the smallest porthole cabin though, E9, and we should have left them as singles, snuggled and then gone off to sleep in our separate beds. If you are on the Riviera, the Main or the Upper, you will have more cabin space, especially if you are closer to the front.

I think with just a few exceptions, every "king" onboard is really two twins that can be moved apart. We've stayed in several porthole cabins, most recently on the paradise in December. We've been on empress and upper decks, they've been great rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am going to have a port hole cabin on the Elations .... I thought it had two twin beds is the correct or not correct??? help???:confused:

I've sailed on the Elation twice, both times in a Porthole cabin and both times we had two twins beds that could be converted to a King.

If it is a true PT cabin, you will have 2 twin beds. If it is an interior upper/lower with portholes, you will have 1 bed and either a couch that is converted to a bed or a pull down bed. Depending on the ship, the pull down will be located over the bed or over the couch:)

I am going to have a port hole cabin on the Elations .... I thought it had two twin beds is the correct or not correct??? help???:confused:

Correct. No worries at all for the Elation. Every porthole cabin on that ship & her sister ships all have the 2 twin beds that can be pushed together to make a king if you wish. On Elation, there are no porthole cabins that have just 1 bed & an upper or sofabed (the "upper/lower" title). On the larger Carnival ships, there are the 2 different types of porthole rooms, but not on Elation.

We were on the Elation in January, they can push the twin beds together to make a queen. We did have the smallest porthole cabin though, E9, and we should have left them as singles, snuggled and then gone off to sleep in our separate beds. If you are on the Riviera, the Main or the Upper, you will have more cabin space, especially if you are closer to the front.

We will have cabin E9 on the ELation this June. Have had porthole cabins before but not on Empress. Was it a lot smaller than the other PT rooms? And was there much noise from above?

Stateroom.jpg

Caption: This is one of the category 1As (upper/lower) with portholes on a different type of ship. This room pictured does not have the 2 standard beds that can be pushed together. In this room, the 2nd bed would either be on the seat of that sofa or in an upper bunk.

But casperbks, for you, on the Elation, your room will NOT look like this. You will have those portholes, but you will not have a sofa at all. And you will have 2 standard twins bed that can be pushed together if you want.