Spirit Class?

cruisingma

Holiday class

Fantasy class

Destiny/Truimph/Victory class

Spirt class

COnquest Class

Each class of ship is exactly the same-- the only difference is decor and coloring.

Holiday being the smallest- conquest being the biggest/

The differences are far too many to begin to state here, but basically the Spirit-classed ships are a little smaller 88,500 tons versus the Conquest-classed ships at 110,000 tons with the Fantasy-classed ships (the oldest class) at around 70,000 tons and the real work horses of the fleet that got Carnival where it is today.

If there is anything unique about the Spirit class it is their design which allows them to just barely pass through the Panama Canal. They're very long (for their beam) and very fast (NYC to San Juan, Puerto Rico in 2 days - LEGEND).

They are my favorite because of their layout, which is, to me, very uncluttered and more open to the sea than the popular Conquest class.

They have twin promenades, and offer much more room per passenger in the public spaces. (certain hosts may differ) :D

SPIRIT

PRIDE

LEGEND

MIRACLE

Others will tell you more about their differences I'm sure.

Each class of ship is named for the first vessel that was built within that class, meaning all of the ships that came after share basically the same size and layout. The Spirit class also includes the Pride, Legend, and Miracle. The Fantasy class is Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Imagination, and Inspiration. The Destiny class is the Destiny, Triumph, and Victory. The Conquest class (basically a longer, larger version of the Destiny class) includes the Conquest, Glory, and Valor an I think the LIberty. Did I leave anyone out? Oh yea, the Holiday is in a class all by itself. It's the oldest and smallest ship in the fleet. And so is the Celebration. It's a Jubilee class ship. The Jubilee has, sadly, been retired. I think I got that all right, but I'm sure someone will correct me if not. This link describes the weights and in-service dates. http://www.lighthousetravel.com/News/carnival_history.htm

Archived