So I am going on the Oasis OTS in September.

I'm going on the Oasis of the Seas in September on a 5 day mini cruise between Barcelona, Naples and Rome. I'll be staying in Barcelona for about 2 or 3 days before the cruise in the Marinaview hotel. I hope to visit Montserrat whilst I am in Barcelona. I may also go and find a nature reserve as well, but may do some street photography whilst I am there. I welcome any recommendations from my fellow cruisers as to what to do in Spain and will post something in the Ports forum when I get the chance.

I've decided to book the ships organised excursions in Rome and Naples rather than privately and really looking forward to it, as it would work out more economical for what I want to do. I will be visiting Capri, Sorrento & Pompeii ( NP02) and Exclusive, Best of Rome (CV07).

I'm hoping the cruise will be a prelude to me making a visit to Italy to spend more time there.

As this is the Oasis OTS first Dry Dock visit, I don't know what entertainment will be on board, but I am hoping that Hairspray will be on board and one Headliner.

I hope to do another photography live blog and post cruise review. I can talk for Britain, but I can't write for pennies (I think that's a saying) so I apologise if my reviews are brief. I know Allure will be visiting Europe in 2015, so am quite happy to provide any nuggets of information during the cruise. I may not be able to confirm what food is being served on board, but will do my best to make whatever observations I can whilst I am on the ship.

What am I letting myself in for?

Barcelona is my second favourite city in the world. Try the hop-on hop-off bus for 2 days. There are 3 routes covering all of the best places. and they run from 9am till 9pm.

The Gaudi park, Park Guell, is well worth a visit along with the La Sagrada Família. A walk along the Rablas with lunch sitting outside is expensive but worth it.

We will be in Barcelona in September - coming over on the Oasis from the USA.

Pete

Barcelona is my second favourite city in the world. Try the hop-on hop-off bus for 2 days. There are 3 routes covering all of the best places. and they run from 9am till 9pm.

The Gaudi park, Park Guell, is well worth a visit along with the La Sagrada Família. A walk along the Rablas with lunch sitting outside is expensive but worth it.

We will be in Barcelona in September - coming over on the Oasis from the USA.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I will look into the hop on and off bus and the park and familia. I will be looking for some veggie food whilst I am there. Also, this is my first med cruise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app