Rental car code for Cape Canaveral

Djford75

Hi,

The port does charge the rental companies a fee when they enter the port. Last time I was there ( dec 2013) , I was seating in the first seat and saw the driver giving 10 dol at the entrance to the port. We talked about that and he said it was based on the number of people in the bus/ van. So much for the first "X" and so much more for the "Y".

So some rentals want to recover the money. Budget is one of them (Alamo did not charge the 'extra' in dec).

So budget got two codes for the location CC5 and ZC5 - both locations use the same address and the same office. One will charge the extra fee and one will not.

Not all renters will go on a cruise and go to the port.

Some just rent a car to go to Port Canaveral / Cocoa Beach so why to charge them the extra fee ?

When one returns the rental car to the office / location and gets in line to the shuttle for the port ..... no one checks what rental code one used - right ?

When one gets back to the port after the cruise and gets on the shuttle to the rental agency.... no one checks what rental code one used - right ?

Use the code that you think is right for you.

Edited by wieslaw

The $9.99 will be charged to you IF and only if you are a cruise passenger being picked up at the port AFTER the cruise. The code will be adjusted from ZC5 to CC5. If you are just a vacationer not cruising and you pick up a car from them or return to that location from the airport then the code will be CC5 and there is no extra fee.

I am sure all rental car companies have the same policies. Check your statement for taxes and fees. There is only one location for Budget in Cape Canaveral.

The shuttle bus drivers don't care what code you used or how much you paid BUT the person giving you the rental car keys and paperwork do. It will be on your bill from the rental car company. The shuttle bus driver doesn't handle any of your money.

Sorry I meant to say the rental code for anyone who isn't a cruise passenger will be ZC5. CC5 is only for the cruise passenger being picked up at the port.

Actually, now I am wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper to get a TAXI back to Budget to avoid this $9.99 fee? So much for the free shuttle!

Hi,

When you are making a reservation no one asks if you are going on a cruise or not. Your rental company wants to charge the extra 10 as a port charge if you are planning on using their shuttle which they say is free. Not everybody is using their shuttle anyhow .... some people want to get to the port early and they use a taxi...... very short distance ..... not sure about the cost.

I used alamo in dec and they did not charge the extra 10, and they did provide the free shuttle both ways.

Edited by wieslaw