Questions about 3-Day NY (Pride) in Sept.

bunkymuffin

I should start by saying we are cruise virgins.

Could really use some guidance...

Would like to do a short/weekend luxury cruise for 3 days to "see if we like it" but not sure about NY voyage. Are we likely to have rough seas in NY vs. elsewhere? Worried about sea sickness and temps/weather in Sept.

We live in the NY metro area so this is convenient, but are we better off flying somewhere calmer/warmer?

What's the average age aboard?

Dress code/style?

Is it possible to still book for Sept. 05 or is it sold out?

Any other info/opinions/guidance in this area is much appreciated.

Bunkymuffin.

Sorry to say that the 3 day sailing of the Pride is sold out and has been for quite a while.

For smooth seas you may want to try a 7 day sailing in the caribbean. Although that would mean flying to the ship.

We have been on sailings where the age range goes from 30's to 90's however I must say that everyone is young at heart and has a great time. I being 42 have had some of the best times chatting with fellow passengers in their 80's. Not to mention the age range is great for the team trivia competition.

I have noticed that the 7 day caribbean sailings in late November and early December tend to attract a younger crowd and are usually heavily discounted which makes it very attractive to give Seabourn a try.

Once you have experienced Seabourn you will find it very hard to cruise any other line. The service is top of the line.

Hope this helps and welcome to the Seabourn board.

mcboo:) :) :)

One thing that is certain is that the Seabourn Captains will take many maneuvers to keep the seas calm for the cruisers. This may mean delayng a sailing time, or shifting the course. One the NY Waterways, after all, if the ocean is rough, the boat can stay in the harbor and it's usually fine in the Hudson River.

While it's only 3 days, there is an avid following of devotees; perhaps if one calls Seabourn, something may have opened up. The dress and activities are as noted in many threads, including the formal night and apparently the Galley Luncheon.

Jane in PHL (Counting the days)

While the September 2005 sailing is sold out, and I am looking forward to it again this year, know that the Captain will not forego heading out to sea so that the can open and the ship can remove itself from the shipping lanes as required. Last year it was a bit rough for some...not all...during the evenings.

Archived