Rhapsody of the seas shore excursions for kids club

TRAVELGIRL1111

I am taking my niece and nephews on the Rhapsody of the Seas on 5/23/14 to Alaska. They are 12, 13 and 14. I was told that Royal Caribbean has special shore excursions for the kids signed up in the kids club without the parents. They told me they can't tell me about them in advance. Has anyone had any experience with this and what kind of excursions do they take the kids on?

Thank you

Never heard of a cruise line taking kids on a shore excursion without the parents. That would seem highly unlikely to me, but I'm not a expert on RCI. I do know they will watch your kids in the Adventure Ocean program while parents are on a shore excursion.

We have been on Rhapsody a number of times around Australia and New Zealand and there were never any excursions for kids without parents. Our kids love Adventure Ocean and they have stayed on board while we did an RCI excursion.

Thank you Pattle66. I called Royal Caribbean this morning and they said they do it in the Caribbean and Alaska, but can't tell me anything about the excursions. My niece and nephews have been to the Caribbean and it was never offered. Go figure. I might have to wait till we get onboard.

The only thing I've ever heard of is if you go to their private island Adventure Ocean has an area where you can check kids in and out for a few hours. However, you must take them off and on the ship yourself. Can you imagine the liability issues if they were permitted to take kids off and on the ship themselves?

The only thing I've ever heard of is if you go to their private island Adventure Ocean has an area where you can check kids in and out for a few hours. However, you must take them off and on the ship yourself. Can you imagine the liability issues if they were permitted to take kids off and on the ship themselves?

Good point. I didn't think about the liability issues.

No cruise line allows the youth staff to take the children off the ship for any reason. On their private island there is a little play area which is manned by the youth staff and the kids are signed in and out at the beach- not on the ship. No youth staff takes them to or from the private island.

The youth staff will watch the kids in Adventure Ocean on board on port days (excluding the day on the private island). Adventure Ocean will open early if you are doing a ship sponsored tour that departs before to 9AM. Arrangements have to be made in advance with the staff (by the day before). The youth staff will be responsible for the kids during lunch on these days as well- enabling adults to do tours that don't return before noon. Again- these arrangements must be made in advance though.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain