Island Dolphin Mini-Suite

Therese S.

We plan to book a mini-suite on the Island Princess for the Oct 06 Hawaii sailing. The category we are looking at is AC and these mini-suites are located on the Dolphin deck. From reading past postings, if we select a cabin in the back, the balcony will be covered by the caribe bump-out above? Correct?

My concern is we have always tried to stay mid-ship and was wondering what the pros and cons were to staying so far back. Can you feel the movement of the ship? Is it a hassle to be so far away from everything? Have others stayed on this deck in the back? Did you like it? The cabin numbers are D706 to D725. How large is the balcony?

Thank you for your help!:)

Yes, you'll be covered. I have stayed aft twice on the Island and never had a problem with motion and one of the times we were dealing with a Tropical Storm for 5 days.

The balcony is about 9 x 9.

Scott

You've put me at ease, thank you. Which stateroom were you in on the Island Princess? Is one side better than the other for viewing the volcano as we cruise out of Hilo? Did you find it inconvenient to be so far back of the ship?

Once again, thanks

We just returned from Alaska on the Island and were upgraded to D523 -- more in the middle than yours. Very nice room -- two TV's, a couch and full tub/shower combo. Our balcony was not in any way covered, and had a nice sized table and two chairs on it. We did feel some movement one night, but it was kind of fun to lie in bed and roll with the waves! (Or maybe it was the wine after all!)

Welcome back, must be hard after all the fun you probably had. :) We went to Alaska last year on the Regal Princess out of SF and we were very sad when it ended. Do you have any pictures of your dolphin mini-suite? I'm still trying to justify to myself the increase in price from regular balcony staterooms. I've picked balcony staterooms on Baja and Caribe decks, but we might spring for the mini-suite for our 25th Anniv. Were you able to see how much of the balcony was covered on the mini-suites in back of the dolphin deck? Per postings from others, the balcony is covered from the caribe deck above, just not sure how much.

How was it for you to have an un-covered balcony? Did it bother you?

Will you be posting a review of your cruise?

Archived