Renew wedding vows???

On our 15 yr anniversary, we wanted to renew our vows but it was too expensive so we had our friends pick out our attire, - me a yellow sundress, him khaki pants, white shirt. My mother made me a bouquet and him a boutonniere. When we arrived in Labadee, we went off to a quiet area on the beach, starred at each other and reflected on our 15 yrs of marriage. We then said our own vows to each other and had a local take our pics. Now we didn't get the paper to say "vow renewal" but it was the most romantic and intimate moment that we have shared together and we were excited to plan it and to us, it was the perfect vow renewal ceremony. :)

We renewed our vows last year on IOS. We did it on our 25 year anniversary. We paid $600 for the ceremony that was performed by the cruise director. We wrote oyr vows and brought our own music. We did an island hook bracelet exchange as well as a hand ceremony. We also got our flowers, a certificate, champagne and strawberries, two photographers that came to my room and took pictures before the ceremony, at the salon, at the ceremony and all over the ship:). We opted to have our cake served after our dinner at Potifinos. When we got back to our room there were two RCI travel bags filled with every kind of RCI logo item you could possibly want! From umbrellas to travel mugs. The next night in the dining room the head waiter brought us an anniversary cake. We had the most amazing time and felt that RCI treated us royally and really wowed us:) it was well worth every penny. The pictures were fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1397015600.417709.jpg.9c73c0050f7de718bb7fa1ab8d1651d8.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1397015638.232304.jpg.b41ff861662cd66d45897477564be574.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1397015680.600024.jpg.3789693c6d2b515621376cc54b85b58d.jpg

We renewed our vows last year on IOS. We did it on our 25 year anniversary. We paid $600 for the ceremony that was performed by the cruise director. We wrote oyr vows and brought our own music. We did an island hook bracelet exchange as well as a hand ceremony. We also got our flowers, a certificate, champagne and strawberries, two photographers that came to my room and took pictures before the ceremony, at the salon, at the ceremony and all over the ship:). We opted to have our cake served after our dinner at Potifinos. When we got back to our room there were two RCI travel bags filled with every kind of RCI logo item you could possibly want! From umbrellas to travel mugs. The next night in the dining room the head waiter brought us an anniversary cake. We had the most amazing time and felt that RCI treated us royally and really wowed us:) it was well worth every penny. The pictures were fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That sounds really beautiful. But when I ask for clarification of what's included in the $595.00 package they reply music, certificate and vow renewal performed by cruise director. Do you think it depends on which ship and which director you get as to what's included.

I would be over the moon with a ceremony like yours. I am still going ahead as I just can't afford the next package up ( I'm retired and this is a surprise ceremony so I have no one to share the cost)

Can I just ask too, did you meet with anyone before the ceremony to discuss your plans and give them your music, or did you just do all that on the day? Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm not getting much help from RCI.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

After we raised caine and really griped a lot, the manager of the Photo Shop agreed to sell us 5 x 7's for $10 each! :mad:

Not sure if you're angry about that price, but compared to a proper wedding photographer it's almost nothing. Ours charged $30 for 5x7s, and that was in '03. You don't even want to know how much money we paid him for one big album, two parent albums, and the small proofs.