Prices for the Ultimate Dining Package on various cruise lengths

TrumpyNor

1 - People whined when the prices were set by ranges of cruise length rather than priced specifically for each cruise length.

2 - NCL listened and initiated pricing by specific cruise length.

3 - People are whining that NCL is pricing by specific cruise length.

Therefore...

1 - People just love to whine no matter what!

It was priced by specific cruise length all along. People are just saying prices have really gone up, but I take it you think it's whining. We were going to buy the UDP but not now on our 14 night cruise.

It was priced by specific cruise length all along. People are just saying prices have really gone up, but I take it you think it's whining. We were going to buy the UDP but not now on our 14 night cruise.

Any time you go from a range based pricing system to an exact length pricing system some individual prices will go up, others will go down. People got what they asked for.

I find it in bad taste that once booked that they change the price of the UDP. If. NCL wanted to change the prices then it should be for new bookings. Bad on your part NCL.

Cherie

I am not sure what you mean. I booked online a 17 days UDP before NCL changed the prices, and I got it for the "old" price. Unfortunately for you it seems like you waited to book the UDP, and thereby got a price increase.

The new UDP prices are of course only for NEW UDP purchases. Even though I by purchasing the UDP early saved $10.00 compared to todays prices, I still think the new prices are better "overall" - it sounds more correct that somebody who has a cruise for 10 days pays the UDP for 10 days and not the same price as somebody who has a 15 days cruise (just an example).

I find it in bad taste that once booked that they change the price of the UDP. If. NCL wanted to change the prices then it should be for new bookings. Bad on your part NCL.

Cherie

You don't think the prices of excursions change between the time someone books a cruise (for me, my upcoming cruise was booked 665 days prior to sailing) and takes it? Should I expect all price points to remain the same from the day I booked my cruise (of course not)? Now, if someone, say on a 14 night cruise had booked the UDP when it was $199 and then NCL expected them to pay another $25 when they changed the prices, that would be wrong. But NCL can (and will) change the prices at any time and those prices will be in effect for the new bookings of that event and there is nothing wrong or in bad taste about that.

If you were going to book it, why didn't you already before the price went up?

They were probably waiting for the price to drop! :D

Well, it did drop for some, just not for them. One would think, when NCL was doing the range pricing, someone at the upper end of the range would go "Hey, that's a pretty good deal, I'd better jump on it". To me, the ones at the lower end of the range would be the ones saying "maybe they will fix this and then I'll book it" (which of course, is what happened).

Well, it did drop for some, just not for them. One would think, when NCL was doing the range pricing, someone at the upper end of the range would go "Hey, that's a pretty good deal, I'd better jump on it". To me, the ones at the lower end of the range would be the ones saying "maybe they will fix this and then I'll book it" (which of course, is what happened).

How dare you bring logic and reason into this? :eek: