Need OPINIONS of SUITE VETERANS

Just coming off of a JS on Freedom of the Seas (1st ever cruise outside of 12 with CARNIVAL), I'm holding a mid-ship Ocean Suite on CARNIVAL LIBERTY (between forward and mid-ship elevator, closer to middle elevator). It's $1,000 more, total. 1st, is this a great (not just "good") location? :cool: Also, is it worth the extra $1,000 over a LIDO DECK BALCONY? :confused:

Remember, we just came from a huge JS suite front hump...and location is important as well.

I haven't seen any of these on the LIDO deck. Is that right or may they be sold out?

Any ramblings, thoughts, knee-jerk reactions will do. Just need some things to consider.

Edited by Alwaysacruiseinthequeue
ERROR

You will find that most ocean suites are mid ship..........the extra room is nice,,,,,,,but not for 1000 extra.......if you have an upper deck balcony you will be happy......i have done both........but I sure wish the ocean suites were higher and more forward.

May not be the reply you are looking for. We are suite people, we like a bigger room because we like to have our own personal vacation if you will. If we want to escape the crowds we can. If it is a pitcher of margarita's and music on our balcony we can do it via Jambox (low volume) enjoying the ocean view. Some could care less and just want a place to sleep. I suppose it is like first class: if you like the perks, extra room then pay for it, otherwise skip it. Flew first class first time in my life at 48 years old wow what a difference!!! I will say love that Carnival suites are so much cheaper than Royal it is amazing...helps me justify the cost. :) I am not a snob though I don't judge anyone based on their cabin. If we were party people I would think the inside cabins would be great, just personal preference. Think what would make YOUR vacation wonderful and go with it.

Well, the good news is that since the JS (Junior Suites) on Royal Caribbean don't include the majority of perks included with real suites, you wont miss much in that department. As you may know, suites on Carnival don't have perks beyond priority embarkation/debarkation.

The bad news is that Ocean Suites on the Liberty are smaller than the Junior Suites on the Freedom of the Seas. Liberty's OS is 275 sq ft plus a 65 sq ft balcony. Freedom's JS is 317 sq ft plus a 101 sq ft balcony.

Edited by Tapi