Should I switch to Disney?

Well only you can make that descision, however, I am a huge Disney person, I actually cancelled a Disney cruise to do my frist Royal cruise...and I am kinda of nervous about sailing on Royal. Disney has the best service and perks....even sailing without kids. I hope that a Disney lover will enjoy RCI....I did the switch because of the itinerary and traveling with family members....but going to miss the free sodas... But whatever you decide have a great cruise. :)

I did the same thing--cancelled a Disney Cruise (after 16 of them!!!) for RCI because of the price. I was a bit concerned, because it was a 14 night cruise, but I went in knowing it wasn't Disney. I was not disappointed in any way, and, in fact cancelled my next Disney cruise in favor of RCI, and have two more scheduled for this fall, totalling 18 nights.

We are two older adults who absolutely LOVED all of our Disney cruises, but we find that RCI is a better fit for our $$$ these days. The only thing we found to be not quite as good were the main stage shows, but we had seen all of Disney's shows several times and weren't going to them anyway!

Beth

I'm sure you'll be fine. Our first and only cruise so far was Disney. We canceled our next Disney cruise for Royal. We just can't justify the cost. I'd take an extra day w/ a balcony for $100 any day.

Castaway Cay was awesome. It was the highlight for us. I can't compare against Coco Cay until later this fall.

Disney makes you cruise within 18 months in order keep your onboard booking benefits, which is too bad. We might've kept our reservation and just moved it around until we could do the full family vacation again.

Our 7-day on Liberty next year was about $130 more than our 4-day on the Dream with a comparable room and our 10% discount. Disney was fantastic... I just don't know that it was *that* fantastic.

I had the same nerves though and everyone here calmed them down for me :)

Edited by AlexanderBeetle
Had wrong cost for Liberty cruise.

I did the same thing--cancelled a Disney Cruise (after 16 of them!!!) for RCI because of the price. I was a bit concerned, because it was a 14 night cruise, but I went in knowing it wasn't Disney. I was not disappointed in any way, and, in fact cancelled my next Disney cruise in favor of RCI, and have two more scheduled for this fall, totalling 18 nights.

We are two older adults who absolutely LOVED all of our Disney cruises, but we find that RCI is a better fit for our $$$ these days. The only thing we found to be not quite as good were the main stage shows, but we had seen all of Disney's shows several times and weren't going to them anyway!

Beth

Thanks Beth,

I have been reading a lot of these threads here, there are a lot of things that sound really great and others I think may have me missing Disney. But like you, I am going in with a open mind, knowing that it is not Disney and giving them a fair chance...this is an 11 day Hawaiian cruise with 8 of us going and out of the 8 of us only 1 has been on RC before....and she had not had any issues with them. So I am thinking it should be fine.

Again, thanks for the pep talk, it really helped and makes me feel better.

Denise :)

I am one of those people who actually stated on a forum here somewhere, that I wouldn't book a cruise to Alaska on Disney, because I wanted my DD to learn that not all vacations are Disney-related.

And then I booked a Disney cruise to Alaska! LOL

I had originally booked a b2b on RCI to Alaska. Weighing many options, including the fact that my DD is just young enough to fully enjoy the whole character thing and it would be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, I then switched from RCI for 2 weeks to DCL for 1 week, for nearly the exact same price. I went from a balcony to an ocean view for the switch. Do I regret it? Nope. We loved every second. And my mom, who was wary of being over-Disneyed at every turn, said it was her best cruise ever (she's sailed the same cruises as I have). The food was superior (imho), staff were great, shows were amazing, the ship was beautiful.

There were LOTS of kids running around, so that's one thing to consider. I'm not in the camp that allows their child to run wild, so unsupervised and RUNNING children did get on my nerves a bit. This bothers me on every ship, though.

If you can swing it, it is definitely worth it. Will I book a DCL cruise again? Maybe if I win the lottery. ;) I would gladly go on either DCL or RCI at any time.

And 3 days? I couldn't do it. 7 days isn't long enough for me.