Weather In January

cakolb

We are taking our first cruise Jan 1st :), and are going to Cozumel, Ochos Rios and Cozumel. What should we expect the weather to be like? We are hoping to do the Falls and Stingray City - will the water and weather be warm enough for this? Are the nights much colder than the days? We are sailing from FLL.

cakolb,

We cruised in February and we left from Tampa - a little cool leaving. I would say 60's - but for us that was nice weather. Once you get to the Caribbean you will have beautiful weather. We had 80's and no rain during our cruise.

Enjoy

You'll have great weather! I no longer even take a sweater -the air conditioning on the ship will be the only 'cold' you'll find. And water is also warm! You'll have a ball at stingray city and Dunns River Falls! Weather is like our summer temps!

I think it also depends on where you are from. I live in FL so for me the water in Jamaica, etc can be a little cool in January. I tend to go to the Southern Caribbean that time of year.

For most, it would probably be quite perfect!

Archived