Celebrity Constellation Transatlantic, 4/24/14

ReformedViking

Hello from Naples, Florida. Anyone else going on this crossing? 42 year old college professor here, travelling with his 79 year old mother. We made a crossing last year at the same time, from Miami to Copenhagen on Norwegian. Had a ball. Looking forward to more good times this year. Hope to see you on board.

My husband and I will be on this cruise too. We are looking forward to it - and the days at sea will be very relaxing. I would send you a private email but I can't see anyway to do it on this forum. Hope you meet you and your Mom on the ship. My name is Rob and my husbands is Bill.

Hi Rob & Bill. Nice to meet you before the big send off in a couple weeks. Definitely getting keyed up about it, here. Last year, Norwegian had a FoD happy hour set up every evening, and about ten of us regularly met up there. I expect Celebrity will do the same. Regardless, though, I'll look forward to meeting you in person on board. If you'd like to reach me on Facebook, look for Wesley Foster in Naples Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul and Joe. Nice to meet you and looking forward to doing so in person on board. I love a transatlantic crossing. So nice to disconnect for eight straight days of sleeping in, jogging on the sports deck, eating everything in sight, watching shows, playing trivia....And then getting to cap it off with excursions to such cool countries. This will be my third crossing. My mom's second--though she and my Dad did a world cruise ten years ago and spent four months on the QE2, so they crossed a lotta water that time.

Hi Rob & Bill & Wesley,

I'm Marcia from Florida and my wife Elizabeth can't sail with me this time. I hope to meet up with you as I won't know anyone on board! I'm booked for early dinner so far but may switch so I can come to FofD for martinis!

Hi Paul and Joe (and Wesley again).

Marcia from Florida, here. Hope to meet you all on board soon.

My wife Elizabeth and I crossed on the QE2 for our first ever cruise in 2002.

There's nothing like Cunard. But, I do like Celebrity.

Elizabeth can't come on this cruise, but will spend a quiet two weeks at home finishing her next book.

I have to get this darn "early dining" worked out so I can come to F of D. Or maybe I can just be a little late?

Hello Everyone - Look forward to meeting everyone. Celebrity is up to the times - posts gay meetings as LGBT on the board next to customer service. We were on one cruise a few years back - Celebrity - and we mentioned FOD to another gay couple - and they said what is this FOD? We said friends of Dorothy. They had no idea what that meant - they were from Germany. FOD doesn't translate internationally. I attached (at least I think I did) a recent picture of me and Bill - when you see us on board please stop us.

RnB6.jpg.3afec8aa08de8dac292d75e22b3fdc8f.jpg

So nice to hear from you all. Like you, I'm looking forward to eight days at sea. My present semester is finishing up, so this is a busy time for me--and the lure of sea days (and those very cool excursions in Europe) are a tonic for me right now. Marcia--my first transatlantic crossing was on the QE2, back in the 90's. That was my first cruise, too, for that matter. What a lovely introduction to cruising. I've never sailed Celebrity, but I've heard many nice things, so I'm doubly looking forward to this trip. I will look forward to meeting you all at the first LGBT/FOD mixer.

I wonder if there are others who were also on the Norwegian Star's crossing last year, Marie-Louise. It is the exact same time of year (same weeks even), and the itineraries are very similar, too. Hope to see you on board.

And to all the rest of you. It's been nice chatting. Mom and I are just about to leave home in Naples to drive across Alligator Alley to board the ship. See you on the high seas. In case you miss the mixers, our cabin is 2108.

Wes & Julie

Nice to see that there is a small contingent that has been able to meet here before boarding the ship. Since today is embarkation for all of you, I don't expect any or many of you to see this post or reply while on board. However, if you do, I hope you take great care of the ship for me as I will be flying to Rome at the end of October 2014 and embark the Connie on November 5th to cruise back to Fort Lauderdale over 16 days. It's an exciting itinerary with stops in Italy, Spain, and Morrocco. My partner and I hope we are as lucky to meet some nice folks like all of you on our return voyage.

Anyone booked in Aqua Class? If so, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the various aspects of what you like or don't like about cruising in Aqua Class on this ship. Always interested to hear passengers perspectives for dining in Blu, the spa areas, Persian Garden, relaxation room, etc. I was on the Reflection last year for the westbound transatlantic and it totally sold me on the benefits of aqua class accommodations.

Also, if you are a regular to use the spa services, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how you like the new vendor Canyon Ranch for the spa services. That transition should be complete by now and you will be some of the first passengers to benefit from this.

Okay, until my cruise... I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on your eastbound transatlantic. Take care and have a safe and enjoyable time!

Walter