Teacher sailing at Spring Break... suggestions for which cruise?

Hi Fellow Educators!

Is everyone enjoying their summer vacations?

Laura (and Ken)--both teachers

Unfortunately, my summer has been over for a while. We have registration next week, and the teachers return the week after. School starts August 16th!

Hi all!

My husband and I are both educators. We have sailed during Easter week, Thanksgiving and in the summer. In all honesty we really have never had trouble with kids on board. All of our cruises have had plenty on board and the most I have noticed is maybe some kids running down the hall or playing on or around the elevator. I don't know if it is because we are use to them being around or not.

As some others have previously said, it will be retirement until we can cruise without a lot of kids on board. It certainly will never stop me from a cruise. Pick your week and have a great time.

I, also, am a teacher. Last year we were on our cruise and the elevator doors opened and there were a bunch of students from my school! (I did know they were going.) I looked at them and said, "Remember, what happens on the Splendour..." and they finished, "STAYS on the Splendour!" I ran into them a couple of times later and they were having a marvelous time and told me all about their excursions.

We are doing the Southern this year, and I hope that none of my students are on our ship! Love them, but like getting away from it ALL.

I don't go back until after Labor Day!!!!:D Sorry, just had a happy thought when I read some of the posts! I am not ready to go back.

A couple of thoughts- since I to avoid the kids.If you look at HAL, they do have deals for teachers. If you have a TA that you work with ask them,Or contact HAL- they might help you. My husband and I cruise at Christmas, #4 this year on Rhapsody:D . We weren't too happy with HAL, since the kids ran wild there and the staff didn't want to offend. HAL was fine for the most part- I haad fun with our table mates. We're in our early 40's and the rest of our table mates were old enough to be our parents. Great people and I loved them.

I have students who have cruised and loved the kids programs on Celebrity. They were very happy with Horizon and then loved Millenium- though not as much as Horizon. We had very good luck with Splendour last year. We loved the solarium. So as you can see it can be a hit and miss situation.

I'd go for a 7 day cruise and come back with a major tan to rub it in to the kids! I always tell my H.S. kids don't hate me because I'm tan! The girls get very jealous! In January we are pretty white in MN!

Have a great vacation!!! That's the best advice of all! Gabrielle

I, also, am a teacher. Last year we were on our cruise and the elevator doors opened and there were a bunch of students from my school! (I did know they were going.) I looked at them and said, "Remember, what happens on the Splendour..." and they finished, "STAYS on the Splendour!" I ran into them a couple of times later and they were having a marvelous time and told me all about their excursions.

We are doing the Southern this year, and I hope that none of my students are on our ship! Love them, but like getting away from it ALL.

That would be awful!!!

Ten of us (teachers, aides and school nurse) were on The Enchantment during April this year. We didn't notice the children being too bad at all. My husband and I have cruised at all times during the year and haven't noticed them to be too bad on any of our cruises. I've taught 27 years and usually notice when they are unruly. We have done three Voyager class cruises and I think I noticed them less on those ships than any. Maybe because there was so much for them to do or maybe so much room to keep us apart. All eight of our cruises have been on RCCL, so I can't compare them to any other line.

Archived