What's the longest Cruise you've been on?

Cruise Arizona

Our longest is 14 nts trans-Canal. Really enjoyed the balance of at-sea and shore days. Was just the two of us.

Pace myself? OK -- I'm ready for the flames. I've never had to do this on a cruise. There's always been enough energy on longer cruises for serious shore excursions due to the at-sea days, and I never gain weight, even though I eat an additional meal every day more than I would at home. Some sort of self-regulating metabolism. Break-even is the norm.

___

Canderson - your're right! No flaming here! :D We took a 16 night Canal cruise from San Diego to Miami and I LOST weight - almost 10 lbs! The regular meals (in correct portions) plus 7 ports with tours or snorkeling plus walking up and down the stairs from deck to deck made the cruise fun AND healthy!

I say the longer the cruise the better - for both body and mind! We're off for another 14 days to the Baltic in May, hope I can be as successful! :D

30 days back to back cruises on the Legend of the Seas "Royal Journey.

We embarked in Singapore, cruised to Sydney, stayed onboard and disembarked in Auckland, NZ. Flew on United from LAX, and were able to upgrade to business class with our miles. What a fabulous trip!

Ginnie

Pacing;

On a 7 day cruise I don't really feel like I have to pace my self. I can easily enjoy a few extra glasses of champagne until the wee hours of the morning all week long. But after about 7 day of that I tend to "hit the wall".

On the 11 day Mercury Cruise, I started to get a soar throat after about 7 days, but once I got some anti biotics from the Dr. I was closing down the disco again. I was also careful not to over eat. If I had dessert it was usally berries, and if I ordered a big dessert, I only had a couple of bites.

So for this 15 day extravaganza I want to avoid sick-bay, but still feel like I got the most of my vacation. I think on a 14 day cruise you have to pace yourself on the food. I just don't like to feel I'm missing out on anything.

Our longest was on the Constellation doing transatlantic in a CC stateroom. Also ties for our best with the R3 " A Taste of the Med." where we met Rubbrick and his DW. Check out his comments on RC board he ihas lots of great comments.We

always enjoy cruising with Rick and his DW.:D

In 1967, when I was but a sprout, my mom and grandma and little brother and I spent six blissful weeks aboard Matson Lines' Mariposa, from LA through the South Pacific, to Australia and New Zealand, then up to Hawaii, and on to San Francisco. Ports I recall besides the aforementioned included Bora Bora, Tahiti, New Caledonia, Fiji. I wish my mom had saved more memorabilia from that cruise; I found some Matson brochures from that time and comparable itineraries on some online sites, luckily, and bought 'em.

We also took a one-month cruise from LA down the Mexican Riviera, through the Canal, and into the Southern Çaribbean, including South American stops (Cartagena, Caracas), on HAL's Statendam (IV) in 1970. I can't find anything online about this cruise ... the length and number of ports makes it feel as if it might have been a repo but I am CERTAIN I have never been to Florida, so it had to have been a RT. Unfortunately nobody in my family whom I could ask is still alive ...

After that cruise, I didn't sail again till Century in 2002! Wasted years :(

TR, methodically saving memorabilia from current cruises so my kid will not go through a similar memory search ...

Archived