One night in Barbados

cindyjay

We are spending one night before our cruise. I am looking for suggestions for a place to stay. Something rather inexpensive if possible. I don't even really have a clue as to what area to stay in. I am guessing someplace near that airport/cruise terminal. Thanks!:D

Can you tell me what ship you will be boarding.. not that it makes a difference but I don't want you to start a really great cruise off with a really dumpy hotel. there are a number of places on the south coast that I would recommend. Accra Beach Hotel, Sea Breeze Beach Hotel. Blue Waters, Amarylis, Savannah Hotel. All differenct Prices but places I would recommend to anyone.

Sure we are going on Discovery World Cruises.....very small ship.....but a great itinerary! :D SunDec 11Barbados6:00pmMonDec 12St. Lucia8:00am7:00pmTueDec 13Guadeloupe7:00am3:00pmWedDec 14Tortola, British V.I.8:00am7:00pmThuDec 15St. Barts, Guadeloupe7:00amNoonThuDec 15St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles2:00pm11:00pmFriDec 16Antigua7:00am10:00pmSatDec 17Dominica7:00am6:00pmSunDec 18Barbados8:00am

Thats a great cruise..

Check online for the Amarylis or Savannah hotels. those are very nice. Those are both on the South Coast. You can also try the new Barbados Hilton, which is not far from the port and you would likely be able to see the ship come in that morning. the Hilton has been rebuilt and only just opened a month or so ago.

Have a great trip and good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Atlantis Hotel in Bathsheba for a night,

http://www.atlantisbarbados.com/index.htm

(they claim a minimum 2 or 3 nite stay, but I emailed them and they were happy to book my 1 night stay).

The hotel is somewhat rundown but it is clean and the plumbing works. It is about 100 feet from the surf and the rooms have balconeys overlooking the ocean. The beach is stunning; the boulders are bigger than photos portray. They have an outdoor restaurant lit by candlelight. I had the fish and it was pretty tasty.

If you are the surfer type, you might enjoy it; if you are a middle class snob, then you won't.

Archived