Ice skating, flow rider and rock climbing.

I don't think it's possible to use any swimming skills on the Flowrider even if you had them. If you can stand up, you'll be OK in the water. A person would look pretty stupid with a life-jacket on the Flowrider, and they wouldn't let you wear it anyway. People may have drowned in 2 inches of water, but probably not with sports deck staff and dozens of other people watching what you are doing.

I agree with everything you said!

"They do not allow tricks, even skating backwards, so just have fun and laugh about it."

Very much dependent on the attention of the people watching over things. We were on the ice with some very experienced skaters (during free skate, not a special time) and they were being incredibly dangerous to all the little kids and inexperienced skaters out there. And they were only told to stop whenever one of the people in charge noticed them.

OP, I say try the rockwall and ice skating. But bring some arnica cream. You're going to need it for all the soreness. Arms from climbing and rear end and inner thighs from skating. Definitely do it, just be prepared. :p

The $35 charge mentioned...haven't people been getting a really weird balance due on their accounts after accessing them? I thought I read about that happening recently. Some were having their whole cruises repriced, but others were just getting random small amounts due (that weren't really due).

We had paid the trip off and after we signed the online activities waiver we noticed a $35 charge was added for the 2 of us so it looks like there is a fee.

By chance did you cruise on a cruise that stopped in Labadee I found this article online when I typed in $35 charge on. Royal Caribbean http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/our-newest-attraction-in-labadee-dragons-tail-coaster/. Or was it to mail paper documents because it does state there is $35 charge for that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by EmptyCanvas91

But it sounds like you are not very good at falling now:p

Every run ends with either a fall or standing in the gutter. I hate quitting before I fall because I keep thinking I can keep going without falling. Smarter surfers park in the gutter.... So, I fall as often as a beginner because I surf until I fall. That said, I know how to fall now where there is much less discomfort.

Here is how my first trips falls occured. Surfing, along, happy. O crapola I am spinning 180 degrees, O crapola I am falling on my back head first with my feet 3 feet higher than my head. Swoooshh... smacking into the back pad landing on the grate.... 100 or so of those and pretty soon your stomach muscles are stretched out beyond previously life experiences.

Let's put it this way after the first flowrider cruise day 7 of 4 hours a day of stand-up, my stomach hurt every time I fell. Got home a few days later my entire crotch was purple. Obviously I tore a muscle and the blood pooled.... My wife was pretty disgusted....:(:D:eek:

jc

The rock climbing is open most days, all day. Again, close-toed shoes are required, and here you can do pants or shorts.

Thank you for the information saurian.

I will be on FOS in June and was looking forward to trying the rock climbing wall (I used to do a bit of climbing in my younger days). My question is does the ship provide climbing shoes or will I need to bring my own? Other than hiking boots and Tevas, I don't really own any atheletic foot wear, and I'm not bringing my hiking boots on the cruise.

Thanks.

I will be on FOS in June and was looking forward to trying the rock climbing wall (I used to do a bit of climbing in my younger days). My question is does the ship provide climbing shoes or will I need to bring my own? Other than hiking boots and Tevas, I don't really own any atheletic foot wear, and I'm not bringing my hiking boots on the cruise.

Thanks.

The ship does not provide you climbing shoes. You have to use your own shoes and they must be closed toe. You could easily get a good pair of athletic shoes with out paying a fortune and bring them with you.

The ship does not provide you climbing shoes. You have to use your own shoes and they must be closed toe. You could easily get a good pair of athletic shoes with out paying a fortune and bring them with you.

Thank you. I guess this would be a better option than attempting to scale the wall in my shiny black dress shoes.

Edited by Captain Dave

Thanks.

I haven't done the rock wall for several cruises, but they used to provide actual climbing shoes. I am a bit surprised to read here that they no longer provide them.

jc

Thanks.

\

Sorry but we were on FOS in Sept and they provide the shoes and helmets just make sure you have socks! We have also done the wall on previous trip and shoes have always been provided!