Perivolos Beach Santorini

irishayes

We booked our ship's excursion to Perivolos Beach while in Santorini, but it only allows us to stay at the beach for 3 hours.

How would we get there on our own, so that we could stay longer? Do we need to take the cable car first or can we catch a ferry once we get off the ship?

Thanks!

Just FYI, the water there that early in the summer will be a bit cold for swimming.

Ha, we are from Michigan, where we routinely swim in Lake Michigan water temperatures between 62-65 degrees farenheit. I'm sure it won't be any colder than that. As long as the sun is out and the air is warm, we'll be fine!

Good for you. I grew up on the Jersey shore, so have swum in the Atlantic Ocean in June, as well as the Atlantic up in Maine in July, and even Lake Michigan in July, but the latter was very, very cold!:)

Edited by CintiPam

Ha, we are from Michigan, where we routinely swim in Lake Michigan water temperatures between 62-65 degrees farenheit. I'm sure it won't be any colder than that. As long as the sun is out and the air is warm, we'll be fine!

Hi

here's a link to holiday weather in Santorini http://www.holiday-weather.com/santorini/averages/

the weather in the Med changes year to year so it could be anything from pleasantly warm to boiling hot:D

hope this helps

Damon