Complete Power Failure: Carnival Pride March 23-30, 2014 w/Pictures

great review so far! we just got off the pride this past sunday. I was going to do a review too but mine will be mediocre compared to yours since I don't think I have as many pics and no food pics lol :p

on a side note... dh and I ordered the turkey on country roll a few times and it was always grilled and we never had to ask for it to be. so weird yours weren't grilled! lol

Shortly after ordering, one of the photographers came around and took our pictures at the table for formal night. We actually wanted to buy the photo from this dinner as we were celebrating our one year anniversary (a week early) and we both looked nice that night. Unfortunately, the photographer didn't take into account the light from the window behind her, and I ended up with a giant stripe of sunlight across my face. We didn't let her take our picture again for the rest of the trip.

1460001_894518233131_6456918707857669695_n.jpg

Chilled Strawberry Bisque with my girlfriend's Raspberry Mojito. Both were very good.

1509735_894518223151_5934720041479063544_n.jpg

Broiled Maine Lobster Tail and Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimp

The shrimp were very good, as was the lobster meat, however the butter was burnt, given it an off flavor.

For dessert, I ordered the Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry (3/5), and my girlfriend ordered the Cherries Jubilee (2/5). The apples were very good, but the ratio of apples to pastry was very poor. The Cherries Jubilee always look and sound better than they taste.

10014561_894518587421_4853341211676403898_n.jpg

Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry (3/5)

10250196_894519355881_6040780912650483491_n.jpg

Cherries Jubilee (2/5)

Just before bringing us our desserts, our waiters surprised us with an anniversary cake and sang "Happy Anniversary" to us. This caught us completely off guard as our anniversary was not for another week and I had completely forgotten that I had even told Carnival about it when I booked.

I found their choice of anniversary dessert a little interesting in that it was the Diet Banana Gateau, but looking back on it, I guess it was the only dessert that would really hold a candle on that particular night.

10169442_894518372851_3252843425589958384_n.jpg

Diet Banana Gateau with Anniversary Candle (3/5)

Hey I see a lime slice! We've been hearing that Carnival was not supplying lime slices due to the cost of limes.

On the pride last week the limes were horrible! The one bartender said they didnt get a lot of limes in baltimore because of the price and quality. The limes I had in my drinks were so dried out! Tried squeezing them into my coronas and nothing came out. Yuck! Lemons were fine:p

• 9 months later...

I know this is an older thread but I will be a first time cruiser on the Pride April 19.

Great review, I learned alot.

but my question here is, what am I doing wrong (I just joined the forum). I can't see any of the pictures?

I know this is an older thread but I will be a first time cruiser on the Pride April 19.

Great review, I learned alot.

but my question here is, what am I doing wrong (I just joined the forum). I can't see any of the pictures?

Photos have to be loaded into a supported site such as Photo Bucket, etc. before uploading to CC. When photos disappear, the poster of them either removed them from the site they used or canceled their subscription from it, etc. In some instances, the site changed and messed up everyone's storage (you will find many of the older reviews that this occurred - Photo Bucket was mean that way.)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. A great Pride review if you haven't found it yet is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161843