Aloha Balconies Covered on Diamond?

craven3

Could one of you who is familiar with the Diamond and her sisters please tell me if the balconies on Aloha Deck are covered?

If not, could you give me the scoop on the other decks' balconies?

I've been hanging out in the aft balconies so long that I can't remember, and the deck plans don't seem to help much.

Thanks,

Charlotte

The Aloha and Baja are both covered. We were on the Sapphire a few weeks ago (Baja Balcony) and were very pleased. We encountered rain a few times and it was nice to have a roof over our heads. My only concern with the Aloha deck is if you are under an area that has deck chairs around the pools. Not sure if you would hear them being moved.

49er

We took the Diamond at the end of June and were on the Aloha deck. Yes, it is covered and we actually liked being on the Aloha deck. We were in A504 and were a few doors away from the main elevators. We had the pool area above us and could hear the deck chairs but we only heard them during the day. Either there was no noise or we were so worn out from the day's activities that we did not hear them. We liked the Aloha deck as we were only one floor away from the Buffet so you could easily take the stairs up just one floor.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Since discovering the balconies on the Caribe Deck having one has become a MUST! I have to agree with Charolette....Aft balconies are pretty special!!!

The Caribe balconies are larger than the rest. 1/2 the baclony is outside & 1/2 is covered.....the best of both worlds and twice the size of the others!! It accomdates 2 lounge chairs and a table and 2 chairs comfortably. It allows for at least 6 visitors comfortably to enjoy cocktails and appetizers as you sail away from port!!!

I really didn't mean to get into a discussion of the aft balconies; my husband and I have one booked. However, our adult children are also going, and I'm doing starboard balcony cabins for them and the friends going with each. The Aloha deck is cheaper than those on Caribe with the big balconies, so I was wondering if the Aloha balconies were convered. Somehow I had thought that maybe they weren't.

Charlotte

We were on the port side and enjoyed that side as when we stopped at the various ports in Alaska out ship faced the port side. We even staged our chairs in such a way that we could tell where our cabin was. However, keep in mind if you do this that the cabin stewards straighten them back up so you need to do it as soon as you leave the ship. We enjoyed the Aloha deck itself. We are in our 30s so we may be close to the age of your adult children. There were three of us (incuding our six year old son) in the one cabin. The deck was fine and the size of the cabin was bigger than expected. We even joked that it was probably bigger than some hotel rooms we have stayed at in NYC. Yes, we couldn't lounge but we were going to Alaska so not much sunbathing is being done there. Most of the people that I saw hanging out on their decks were standing up looking over the railing as when you sit down our eye level was right at the balcony. Are you going to Alaska or some warm port? To be honest looking down at the Caribe deck I did not see many people lounging either. When we were going through Tracy Arm they weren't even out there as it was sprinkling and the part of the deck that wasn't covered was next to the railing. I appreciated having the completely covered deck and the Aloha worked for me.

We'll be in Alaska so I doubt that there will be much sunbathing. Yes, both of our children are in their 30's. Thanks for your comments; I appreciate hearing from those who have been there.

charlotte

Archived