Inspiration Questions

tarababy18

hi everyone! my friend asked me for a favor so i agreed to find out some info for him about his cruise. he is sailing Inspiration Dec 24th, 2005, which i believe is the 5 day cruise stopping in Grand Caymen and Cozumel.

i have a few questions, well they're from him, that are as follows:

1- can anyone suggest excursions to do in grand caymen and cozumel? anything to do with swimming with turtles, butterflies (a farm or something like that i guess) and/or ruins?

2- are these excursions thru carnival or not? if not, can anyone include some links to these companies, or any info regarding price and how to get in touch with them?

3- does anyone have the capers for this ship and can email them to me at TaRaBaBy18@aol.com?

4- is there any thread started for inspiration cruisers and reviews of their cruise? i may have missed it while looking around to see if there was one

5- is there anywhere i could get a list (printable if possible) of what to pack for a cruise as far as things that are definitely needed for the trip?

Thank you in advanced to everyone who can offer help :)

Tara- on the main board of cruisecritic is a place for Port of calls. EVERY port of call is mentioned there. Click on Grand Cayman and learn about the variuos private vendors..and how much they charge. Your friends will be better off booking with those private vendor then through the cruiselines. Carnival will charge 50% more then those vendors.

Grand Cayman has swimming with the stingrays. they also have a turtle farm. Or your friend can go to HELL

also-- on the port of call board will be hundreds of ideas on what your friend can do in Cozumel--especailly since he is there until later in the evening

When I was on the Miracle last November, I did an excursion through the ship in Grand Cayman. We snorkeled with the stingrays, saw Hell and the Turtle Farm. I enjoyed it all, although Hell was rather disappointing. For our cruise on the Inspiration next January my dd found a less expensive snorkel excursion through Captain Marvin for the stingrays and coral reef. The Turtle Farm was neat but we won't see that this trip. The snorkeling is more important! I've heard good things about Captain Marvins, too. (I think their website is captainmarvin.com?)

When I was in Cozumel I didn't do any excursion, simply took a taxi downtown, shopped and ate at Pancho's Backyard. Then I hung out at Carlos and Charlies. This trip I plan to visit Chankanab Park, Paradise Beach and then Carlos and Charlies again. CAN'T miss C&C!!! We aren't doing a ship excursion; just plan to taxi around on our own.

The best way I have found to decide what to bring is to break it down by day and what clothes you will need for each day. I can email you my list if you would like it. Search the internet for Cruise Diva and you will find excellent packing advice and I think ship reviews, too. Good luck to your friend and I hope he enjoys his cruise!:D

I am cruising on the Inspiration in September and since this thread is already started, excuse me for piggybacking, but hopefully, my question will help both of us.

I was wondering if the Inspiration has the new bedding system with the extra thick mattress and foundation, along with the duvet covers that Carnival announced a few months back. I slept on this new system on the Fantasy and it is sooooooo comfortable. I love the new duvet covers. Was just hoping the Inspiration is outfitted with this system.

Thanks for letting me hop-on this thread.

We were on the inspiration back in 2000, had a great time. We did a dolphin encounter two years ago, while on a different cruise line. The excusion was done in Cozumel. According to my wife and I would agree probably the best excursion we have done. It was actually touching the dolphin, a kiss from the dolphin, swimming belly to belly with the dolphin and then spending time in the swim area with the dolphin. The total number of people was 10 or 12, they really kept the numbers of people down to a minimum. Believe it was 150.00 dollars per person but was well worth it. Enjoy your cruise and whatever excursions you decide on.

Mike and Trish

I was wondering if the Inspiration has the new bedding system with the extra thick mattress and foundation, along with the duvet covers that Carnival announced a few months back. I slept on this new system on the Fantasy and it is sooooooo comfortable. I love the new duvet covers. Was just hoping the Inspiration is outfitted with this system.

QUOTE]

I was on the inspiration in July and was surprised by the very comfy duvet and bed. I hadn't heard about it before I went. So I assume we had the new covers you refer to. It was so welcoming at the end of the day.

Although---we had one fold down bed in our room and it did not come with a duvet, just a blanket. Don't know if we could have asked for one, but the person using that bed didn't seem to mind. (I wouldn't have wanted to trade with them though! :p )

Thanks so much for the info deac. It sounds like the new bedding system is in place. I was introduced to it on the Fantasy earlier this year and it is certaling giving people more reasons to stay in the room. I don't think I have ever slept on anything so comfortable.

We're on Oct. 1st! can't wait.

Our plans are to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. There are good reviews of it on the Cozumel board. We are doing the sting ray, turtle farm and hell excursion. We are booking through the ship, it may be more expensive but I feel safer. I have night mares of a flat tire and missing the boat! Part of our group is doing the ruins in Cozumel. The cruise can't come soon enough!

burnsie

We got back from the Inspiration just yesterday (8/1) We were on Upper Deck Cabin #99. The new bedding was in place. This was a four day cruise that only stopped at Cozumel.

Cozumel has world class snorkling and diving, and Carnival offers both snorkling and scuba tours. We (an extended family group of 12 ranging from ages 11 to 70) opted to go on our own and took a cab to Dzul-Ha for snorkling. Cab ride was about $8. No charge for snorkling. Snorkling was magnificent! Everyone was impressed.

We stayed there for about three hours and then took a cab to Paradise Beach. Cab ride was another $10. and admission to the beach was $8. Nice sandy beach, friendly people, good toys (iceberg, water trampoline etc) not very good for snorkling, though.

Spent late afternoon and evening in San Miguel. Some shopped for silver, some explored the city, some got drunk at Carlo's & Charlie's.

Everyone had a great time.

Will post a longer review when I catch up on my sleep!

We stayed there for about three hours and then took a cab to Paradise Beach. Cab ride was another $10. and admission to the beach was $8. Nice sandy beach, friendly people, good toys (iceberg, water trampoline etc) not very good for snorkling, though.

We were at Paradise Beach Saturday, too, off the Inspiration. The snorkeling wasn't too bad if you went down the beach a ways, but I wouldn't recommend it for the snorkeling alone. There's no actual admission price to the beach, just $8 for the wristband that allows you to use the water toys. Only the kids with us bought the armbands. I can't haul my fat butt up on anything out of the water, so I didn't get one. We bought drinks, which were very good and enjoyed laying around under the unbrellas.

Archived