Laundry rooms on Arcadia

Hi very clever people who have sailed on Arcadia before , could you please confirm the only laundry rooms are on decks C and D and E.

I don't think I can see any more anywhere else.:confused::confused:

Hi, you are correct - there are 3 laundry rooms on Arcadia - one each on C, D and E decks.

Yes there may only be those mentioned, but they can be entered from either side. They each have three washing machines but only ONE iron and ironing board which is a bit of a problem on a long cruise (I speak from experience!!).

Occasionally when there is a problem with the machines I have found they are mended quite quickly, however the only problem is other people. Once I had my washing removed from the machine and thrown onto the floor because for some reason the machine didn't start when I set it - I thought it had and left!!! When I went back half hour later I was told by other passengers what had happened. So I could only put it down to someone in greater need than me at the time and not let it spoil my wonderful holiday.

By the way, there is a wonderful laundry service offered if you want something special washed and pressed.

Have a great cruise.

We are not on Arcadia, but I presume all the laundry rooms are similar. How long does one wash load take and how long does the tumble dryer take? Mine at home takes an hour and a half. I don't want to be hanging around for laundry on an exciting cruise.

We are doing j402/403

I have used the laundry room on Aurora. I am sure she had more than 3 washing machines and tumbles. more like 5 /6 of each. plus the room was a big square so quite spacious. 3/4 ironing boards as well.

The washers are not like domestic ones. I think the hot wash was about 45mins/less hot wash 30mins. tumble is however long you set it for.

Should add that if I use them when a cruise is taking place, I never just put my washing in and leave it...in case someone else decides to empty the machine.

On has heard (urban myth) of people putting out of order notices on machines, until they are ready to use it, when they remove the sign and put their washing in!!!