Anchorage in October

socialworker

My DH and I will be spending the first week of October in Anchorage. He has a business seminar for 3 days midweek, but we'll have the weekends to tour. I know this is no longer tourist season, so I'm wondering what tours will be operating - he's hoping to do some flightseeing from Lake Hood? We also hope to drive down to Seward to take the boat tour. There's also a "Made In Alaska" bazaar in Anchorage Oct. 7-9 that might be interesting.

We did Portage Glacier a couple of years ago following a cruisetour.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Basically once we get past the 3rd week of September everything tour related stops. You could check with Rust's Flying Service here in Anchorage but by then a lot of what they are doing is taking hunters out to their hunts and them picking them back up.

The museum will still be open, never know there could be snow, but we usually get that around the 16th of October.

Not sure if the boat tours go into October in Seward but be warned it could be rather nippy and possibly snow in Turnagain Pass, which you have to go through to get to Seward.

Check out our visitor's guide website at http://www.anchorage.net and order the book.

Susan :)

I'll be there as well. That's the week of the Alaska Travel Industry Association Convention. Rusts Flying service will be offering everything except bear viewing but Kenai Fjords tour will only be offering a 2.5 hour cruise with tickets for the SeaLife Center for $59.00 per person beginning October 3rd. A meal is included.

Archived