Minivan taxi in Baltic ports

I have asked this question around in several threads. Maybe I can get more responses by starting a new thread. We are a group of six going on August 7. We are thinking to use taxi in most ports, but apparently we need minivan taxi. For all of you, who have been there and done that, do you see many minivan taxi around? Is it easy to get one? Thanks. Kenney

Bump up because this is a great question. The cruise that we want to take has a port of call in Nynashamn (one hour from Stockholm) and Gdynia (one hour from Gdansk). Princess is charging an arm & leg for a ride to the city center. We have 4 adults and 2 small children so a minivan taxi would come out way cheaper than the big cruise bus. Almost $40 for a child 12 and under! That means my 23 months old and 6 year old would cost $80 alone for an hour ride on the bus.

If necessary, even two taxis would be cheaper than the cruise bus. I wonder if the taxis are safe to take in Gdynia and if the driver will understand English or will I have to write down where we want to go in Polish?

Thanks for any help.

I can write about Gdynia/Poland. It is better to book the minivan taxi before you land as there are not many of them by the ship. Only some of them have been licensed to enter the port area, just for the safety of the cruise passenegers. If you do the booking the van will be waiting for you. It will be absolutely safe. Although the drivers don't speak excellent English, they know exactly how to cover all highlights of the Tricity and the Old Town of Gdansk.

If you look at the some threads of just returned STAR PRINCESS cruisers you may find some usefull information.

• 5 months later...

Archived