MSC Divina White party question

zigsma

We are on the April 26 sailing of MSC Divina and have read a little about the White Party. I also notice they say no shorts etc after 6PM but isn't this a party on deck 14... like a pool/deck party? Husband has white shorts but no white pants and just wondered about this 6pm thing. I've never been on a cruise where you couldn't wear shorts (especially Caribbean) anytime except in dining room. Any thoughts please. Also, I've always been able to bring in a can of pop or two while in port but seems MSC doesn't allow that??? Thanks

We are on the April 26 sailing of MSC Divina and have read a little about the White Party. I also notice they say no shorts etc after 6PM but isn't this a party on deck 14... like a pool/deck party? Husband has white shorts but no white pants and just wondered about this 6pm thing. I've never been on a cruise where you couldn't wear shorts (especially Caribbean) anytime except in dining room. Any thoughts please. Also, I've always been able to bring in a can of pop or two while in port but seems MSC doesn't allow that??? Thanks

No shorts in the Dining room for dinner! OK for everywhere else!

Believe me, I'll be wearing shorts outside the dining room for dinner our entire B2B cruise in May!:eek:

Those dress 'sugestions' are for the European cruises where temps./humidity like in the Caribbean are rarely a problem!:D

My husband and I are also booked on the Divina on Apr. 26th. While we've been on several previous cruises, this is our 1st on MSC. I checked out the possibility of bringing wine on board with previous MSC cruisers, and learned that it depends on who is at the x-ray machine when you're boarding. Some let you through, and others keep your beverages until the cruise is over. The official policy is that you may not bring your own beverages on board. Canadians looking for warmth!

I have been on Divina three times now. I have purchased Pepsi from the ports. I never had any problem bringing it back on the ship. Only one time did someone question it. I told them I don't drink Coke and I tried to get the office in Miami to stock Pepsi for me but was told they couldn't do that. So the security man let me through.

If you don't bring back huge amounts of pop, I doubt anyone will say anything about it

I was wondering if anyone is interested in booking shore excursions from other sources than the MSC Divina on the Apr. 26th cruise.

Hi,

I've booked a blue hole/secret falls and river tubing excursion in Jamaica with Peat Taylor Tours. $80 per person and they are looking for others to join us. Right now there's just 2 of us on the tour. contact Peat Taylor Tours directly if you are interested. It should be a lot of fun!

Thats no problem at all you can wear shorts even in the dining room except on gala night.

I trust that this is a subversive ruse.

MSC publishes the suggested dress code for the following evening in the daily program delivered to you cabin duly the night before. This will be 'casual', 'informal', 'gala' (traditionally corresponding, for men, to dress shirt and trousers, suit and tie and black tie, respectively)' 'white', 'red, white and green' (on Italian night), or some other local-related theme. These are suggested dress codes. However, it is MSC policy that shorts are not worn anywhere on the ship in the evenings. Evening is pretty much defined as 30 minutes before first sitting - when first sitters are already dressed up and filling the bars - hence the 6pm reference.

These are the same whether at the North Pole or crossing the equator. The only difference is that in the tropics a gentleman is sartorially permitted to wear a white dinner jacket ('tuxedo') instead of black.

It is true that MSC do not police the suggested dress codes. It is also true that they are lacks about policing their policies. However, surely out of respect for others, you would choose to follow or exceed the minimum dress codes and policies?

I'm Cruising The Divina, Next Month, And I Would Like To Know, What Night Is Italian Night?, And What Night Is The White Night!!!!

I'm Trying To Pack As Lightly As Possible! lol:D

Thanks,

I commend your light packing intentions. For cruises I restrain myself to 10Kg, for other holidays, either 5Kg or 10Kg depending upon airline. Always hand luggage only.

All you need to know is that there will be both white and Italian plus 'Gala'. In what order they occur is not important as far as packing is concerned - unless you soil yourself early on.

Tim.

On Italian night the waiters wore red, white and green. The passengers wore whatever. No biggie.

On my most recent Italian night, I wore the usual dark suit, white shirt, red tie and pocket square and, as I had no green items in my wardrobe, died my hair green. Whether it is a 'biggie' or not is really down to you.

That reminds me, I must buy a green pocket square. Green hairspray makes a terrible mess.