Carnival wedding hair and makeup. HELP!

I am getting married on Carnival Fantasy next year. I am really excited.

However i or any of my guests are great at hair or make up. i don't usually wear any, if i do its a little eyeliner and maybe some eye shadow or mascara. never foundations or fake eyelashes. (cant even get the cat eye thing right.)

I am aware you have to bring your own make up.

I was planning on going to a higher end make up store like Sephora and having them get me all set up with my supplies few weeks beforehand.

Can anyone out there who has had hair and make up done on a Carnival ship help me out?

1) do i have to bring my own make up brushes?

2) do fake eyelashes.

3) do they do colors and styling? (for hair)

4) how satisfied were you with the results?

Also has anyone flown with a wedding dress? tips?

I will be flying with my wedding dress next Friday the 18th, I will be happy to update you.

I am also a makeup artist, so if you have any questions regarding makeup let me know. I am assuming they would have their own brushes but I could be wrong. Are you getting married on Embarkment day? Where does your ship leave from?

I would bring eyelashes if I were you and glue just go be safe, you are definitely going to want them on your wedding day.

Yes they can color your hair and do an updo for you on the ship. I would recommend getting your color done at home prior, and just do the updo the day of your wedding.

Sephora is great, they have all different brands of makeup. I am a MAC fan and Urban Decay. Urban Decay has the best lip color for long lasting. :)

CruisinCourt congratulations, also thanks for the tips on the dress,

ill look into MAC in my area. yes it is an embark day but i wont know and time details till a few weeks prior. we leave from Charlotte sc, getting married on ship port day in Nassau Bahamas.

From what I've seen, they don't offer makeup or hair services on-ship for embarkation day weddings. I believe that you need to have all of that done before you board the ship. For my embarkation wedding in June, I have hair/makeup stylist coming to my hotel in the morning before boarding to do my hair/makeup and do hair for my bridesmaids & flower girls. And honestly, it would probably be MUCH cheaper to do it before boarding anyway, since they mark up cost of services on the ship.

You can do your own hair/makeup after you board, but you may have limited time to do so, so they still recommend having it done before boarding. Generally boarding is supposed to be around 10am. Wedding ceremony will usually start around 1pm. But, boarding can be delayed if customs takes longer to clear the ship, leaving you with shorter time onboard to get ready. I've seen posts where people weren't able to board until noon, or even one where they couldn't board the ship until 2pm, leaving them no time to get ready onboard. Since, there are so many unknowns about boarding, planning to do it ahead of time is definitely safer. But, if you get a good quality makeup, and use primer or setting spray, you shouldn't have any problem with doing your own makeup before boarding and still look beautiful for wedding.

From what I've seen, they don't offer makeup or hair services on-ship for embarkation day weddings. I believe that you need to have all of that done before you board the ship. For my embarkation wedding in June, I have hair/makeup stylist coming to my hotel in the morning before boarding to do my hair/makeup and do hair for my bridesmaids & flower girls. And honestly, it would probably be MUCH cheaper to do it before boarding anyway, since they mark up cost of services on the ship.

You can do your own hair/makeup after you board, but you may have limited time to do so, so they still recommend having it done before boarding. Generally boarding is supposed to be around 10am. Wedding ceremony will usually start around 1pm. But, boarding can be delayed if customs takes longer to clear the ship, leaving you with shorter time onboard to get ready. I've seen posts where people weren't able to board until noon, or even one where they couldn't board the ship until 2pm, leaving them no time to get ready onboard. Since, there are so many unknowns about boarding, planning to do it ahead of time is definitely safer. But, if you get a good quality makeup, and use primer or setting spray, you shouldn't have any problem with doing your own makeup before boarding and still look beautiful for wedding.

I could be wrong but I think she has her wedding at one of the ports, not embankment day

I could be wrong but I think she has her wedding at one of the ports, not embankment day

Yeah, you may be right. I just looked at previous comment again.

"yes it is an embark day but i wont know and time details till a few weeks prior. we leave from Charlotte sc, getting married on ship port day in Nassau Bahamas."

I saw where it said it is embark day, but apparently didn't notice the last part of the sentence that says marriage is at port day in Nassau, which are two different things. If the wedding is at port, rather than embarkation, most of my previous comment is moot, except maybe tips for doing your own.

I got married in the middle of a cruise and my experience was this.

I would check with your coordinator on whether or not they have someone who does makeup on board.

They did not have anyone on board who did makeup for my cruise. I watched a lot of YouTube videos, took many trips to Sephora, etc. If you are not used to wearing makeup, definitely start early especially when it comes to picking a foundation to use. I tried at least 5 different foundations until I found one that I liked. Sephora is great because they will make you samples from their test bottles so you can wear it for a day and see how your skin reacts to it. I say start early because one of the foundations I tried was so bad that it turned my face into all flakes and it took almost a week to go back to normal! I have super sensitive skin so being able to do this was a must for me! I found some good brushes on Amazon that are made by ecotools. They aren't top of the line brushes but they are a great value for the money. I didn't do false eyelashes because I couldn't figure them out but I think Sephora can teach you that as well if you really want them. The youtube channel that I used the most was called PixiWoo I think. They have some good tutorials on wedding makeup on there.

As far as hair goes, I had them do that on the ship in the salon/spa. However, my wedding was in the morning and the appointments are about an hour and they only had one person on staff at that time. Therefore, I was the only person who was able to get their hair done! Basically I put on my undergarments, put my robe over it, and brought my wedding dress up to the salon with me. After she was done with my hair, her and my mom helped me get into my dress.

Just my two cents...

I had my hair done for our trash the dress shoot in Cozumel. The girl was really nice, but I hated the undo. :( It was nothing compared to my land based makeup artist. Here's some comparison pics:

ry%3D400

Done by the Destiny & Light in Tampa

ry%3D480

Done onboard - my hubby's cousin is trying to help me fix it but we didn't have much time. $70 down the drain.

I'd just try to pic something super duper simple, maybe even wear it down.