Sailing Divina, lots of questions??

emarismom

I will be sailing on Divina in August and have lots of questions.

1) Air conditioning in the cabins- I have heard from a friend that he had issues with the AC not working in his cabin. Has anyone else had an issue with this? (Wouldn't be happy with a hot interior in August)

2) Irons and laundry rooms- Are there any available?

3) Activities for 18 year olds- We are experienced cruisers (13), however, this will be the first one where my son cannot attend the teen club. What types of activities are available for this age group?

4) Activities for 15 year olds- For those whose teens have used the camps, what did they think of it?

5) Ice cream- When and where is it available for free?

6) What time can you board the ship?- We typically arrive at the port for a cruise by 11am. Will we be able to board by 12:00?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

I can only answer 1, 2 and 6.

1) I have been on her three times now in different cabins. Never an issue with A/C. You must remember to put your room key in the slot by the door. Otherwise, A/C and lights will not work.

2) All laundry has to be sent off. No laundry facilities.

6) Yes, boarding typically starts 12ish.

Hope this helps.

Bret

5) Ice cream- When and where is it available for free?

Free from a machine (McDonalds type) on desk 14, 2-5pm. Otherwise can be bought from gelato bars, about $2.70 if I remember right, lots of flavors available. Of course much better than one from the machine.

As far as boarding if you check in before noon they will give you a Boarding number and once they are ready to start boarding they will call you by number. It is a pretty quick process usually only about 5 minutes between numbers, after about 8-9 groups they will then announce everyone is welcome to board. You will be on the ship by noon if you are there at 11. If you arrive at noon you will be on by 12:30ish.

1) I have been on her three times now in different cabins. Never an issue with A/C. You must remember to put your room key in the slot by the door. Otherwise, A/C and lights will not work.

Are you sure that the card has to be in the slot for A/C to work? I don't recall the cabin heating up when we left it. Usually the card in the slot is only for lights, the outlets are supposed to still have electricity - you can charge items when you are out.

Edited by Boytjie