Star Flyer May 17

RANDCO

Hi Randco, I am sailing the two weeks before you and disembark in Cannes, where the film fest will be in full swing. I am doing research on Corsica, where we stop on my cruise, and it looks lovely, as well as the Spanish islands of Majorca and Ibeza. Usually dinner dress is somewhat dressy, as in capris/slacks or dresses or skirts for women and nice shirt and long pants (no jeans) for men. The Flyer should be less formal than the Royal, but it depends on the crowd. The temps the first two weeks of May indicate 50s-70s so figuring a light wrap at night and perhaps long pants if off the ship, and jacket/rain jacket in case....

I have gone on all 3 of the Star Clipper ships many times, and am sure you will enjoy your cruise. Let me know if you have any other general questions and I will try and answer. I got a tour booklet with my cruise docs but it appears that some of the stops don't have tours finalized yet. I frequently just walk the towns or team up with other travelers to do a taxi tour, usually much less expensive than the cruise tours (which are all charged in Euros, which causes higher costs for Americans due to current exchange rate...). I do research online then paste everything about the various stops into a word doc and bring it with me, so I have a mini tour guide set for most of the stops I am not familiar with. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond...appreciate that! I was a bit concerned mainly about the dress code in the evenings. I have only been on large cruise liners which were quite formal and although it indicates 'casual' for the Flyer, I was just unsure how casual....don't want to be caught out wearing a posh frock or jeans and stand out like a sore thumb!!

Thanks again and hope you have a great trip

Randco, you probably want to take a nice dress (cocktail type) for Captain's dinner night, as folks tend to dress up a bit for that. Enjoy,, I am getting ready to start the packing,, where oh where is the travel butler when I need him? Have a great sail. I see the hotels in Cannes are filling up as the film festival is going on there when we disembark and you embark, should be exciting!