Let's talk world cruises

chrismch

We're working our way up to the world cruise class of 30-60+ days. Like cruising easily in 2-3 wk time frames but don't know what to expect on the longer cruises. Do you get cabin fever? What do you do about clothes - do you bring a 2 wk supply and then just alternate? And how about dining - would I get bored or annoyed with my tablemates over that length of time and would the meals become repetitious? what are the pitfalls or pluses of these long world cruises?

Your experiences would be helpful!:p

IMHO, a lot would depend on if you are cruising single or with somebody else. As a single IF on a fixed seating ship, I would go with table for two. But on a open seating ship, I would most nights "join a group". But, this is from a single point of view, if you are with somebody, you always have somebody to talk to if you are at a table with ppl you do not enjoy their conversions. If there conversions are too bad yes you can try to change tables, but that is a crap shoot too.

We're working our way up to the world cruise class of 30-60+ days. Like cruising easily in 2-3 wk time frames but don't know what to expect on the longer cruises. Do you get cabin fever? What do you do about clothes - do you bring a 2 wk supply and then just alternate? And how about dining - would I get bored or annoyed with my tablemates over that length of time and would the meals become repetitious? what are the pitfalls or pluses of these long world cruises?

Your experiences would be helpful!:p

Take a couple of hours and read thru the "Prinsendam 2005 World Tour" thread and most of your questions should be answered.

Archived