Nov 20th 2005 on the Wonder

eoconnor

We are going to suprise our 2 kids 7 and 9. They just think we are going to Fla for a couple of days. I can't wait to see their faces when we pull up to the ship. This is our 1st cruise on Disney, 5th cruise. It's the kids first cruise. Any tips about the Wonder will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I was beginning to Wonder if we were the only ones going on the Nov 20 cruise as I hadn't seen anyone post for this date on this or other BB's.

My daughter and I are soooo excited, we've never been on a cruise before.

We live in South Florida, and decided after reading the bulletin board tips, that we would drive up leisurely the day before, stay at the RAddison, get free cruise parking, breakfast and shuttle bus service each way. It was $139 and I thought that was a pretty good deal considering it would be $40 to park at the cruise site. We even booked our shuttle already too for 11am so we could get on the ship earlier and make it seem like an extra day!

I had wanted to do it as a surprise too as my girl's 10th birthday is 11/5--thought I'd put a little cruise ship model in a box and give it to her as a present--but just couldn't contain myself and told her right out! We have the count down going on the refridgerator calendar--she just told me, we have 91 days left to go!!! So, happy pre-cruising!!! Denise:eek: & Steffie:)

The first thing to do is get your kids signed up for the kids clubs. Sometimes there is a line for it, but you need to do it immediately. I have heard that now you can sign them up on line as soon as you pay off the cruise. that may shorten the lines some. But i do know that they issue a ID bracelet to each child and will give you a beeper too, so It really didnt make sense to register them on line to me, because you will still need to go and get these items.

Even if your kids arnt sure if they want to do the kids club stuff, register them anyway, because if they change their minds later and want to go to the clubs, they will need to be registered. If not, you'll be on the safe side.

The kids clubs will give each child a Navigator ( newspaper) that will tell them when the clubs are open and the different things they can sign up to do or when the free activity times are. They will get new ones for each day on the ship.

Also the Family night club, called Studio Sea has great stuff for families to do together, so be sure and check out the Navigator you'll find in your room the first day. It the 2 year old is potty trained he can do the kids clubs too, if not they do have a nursery, but it is reservation only and there is a fee of $6 per hour, 2 hour minimum. Your navigator willt ell you where and when on the first day you can check out the nursery and get all your questions answered.

The Mickey pool is the shallow one for younger kids who don't swim. They dedicate one ear to kids who are not potty trained, they must have swim diapers on! They do sell them on board, but they are expensive and sell out quickly so if you need them, bring plenty with you. The other ear is just shallow water for young kids that are not sure enough to get into the main part of the pool.

The movie theater always has kids and adult movies. Be sure to check them out if you have the time. Mr. Toads race is great for the 2 year old, you can help him race his toad. The Mickey 2oo is a great family activity, but limited to 16 families at a time so arrive a little early. Your given a carrot, a potato, a knife, 4 wheels and 3 picks. You have about 8 minutes to make a working race car and then you compete. We practiced making one at home first so everyone would have time to contribute to the vehicle and we could quickly make it on board. Also they dont tell you but usually they give a ribbon for the best design too. Mt husband made a mickey shape from the fat end of our carrot and put it in the drivers seat, held there by a pick and we won ribbons for it, rather both kids did. If this happens make sure both kids walk up to get the ribbon or they will just give out one.

The kite making the day before CC is fun, then the kids can fly their kites on CC beach. That is a fun family activity too.

One thing you can do that most people dont know about is to take a white pillow case for each child and some water proof markers. Put in a zip lock back with your name and room number clearly visible on it. Take it to Guest services the FIRST day, and ask for the signatures of all the characters. By the end of the trip it will be delivered to your room with all the signatures on the cases. That is a great souvenir for the kids. Has to be done on the FIRST day to allow enough time. Also if you ask at guest services they will give you a paper that tells you where to find lots of hidden Mickeys throughout the ship.

Hope you have a Magical cruise.

We have doen 7 DCL cruise and 8, 9 and 10 are booked already.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived