STAR/MEXICO 12/23/04

elladog

You'll like the Star. I was on the ship through the Hawaiian islands this past March and had a great time; such a good time that I rarely left the ship at any of the dockings - I was too busy.

Thanks Treven. We went on the Super Star Leo (now Spirit) down the east coast of Oz last March (also) - similar boat - oops ship. We are back in L.A. on New Years Eve. Do you (or anyone else) know if the Jeffrey Sanker party would be the best place to go in L.A. ? [sorry - ignorant foreigner don't know if the Big Tomato is L.A. or not.] Cheers, mate.

That's ok; ozzies wouldn't be expected to understand that.

"The Big Tomato" name was a left-handed (not real complimentary)compliment made by a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper back in the early 60s I believe. His name was Herb Caen (I think I spelled it right).
During that time period up through the early 90s Sacramento was one of the largest tomato processing areas on the west coast.
The Big Tomato was also a take off from New York city, "The Big Apple". As far as a geography lesson is concerned, Sacramento is about 400 miles North of LaLa Land (Los Angeles).

Archived