Changing cruise on Next Cruise Certificate

We purchased a Next Cruise Certificate while onboard a cruise at the end of last year. Recently we assigned a Pacific Island Cruise to the the booking for early next year. We have now decided to go to the UK this year to visit family and have decided to cruise the Med while we are over that way.:D I asked the RCI rep if I could change the Next Cruise Booking to the Med cruise and I was told that was not possible. I would have to cancel the booking and the deposit would be refunded and I create a new booking for the med cruise.

I have booked b2b cruises for the med and paid full deposit :eek:. I still have my reservation for the Pacific Island cruise which has the OBC attached to it. Am I right in thinking I should be able to amend the Next Cruise Booking if final payment date hasn't passed. I can't find anything on the RCI website. I'm a bit annoyed at losing the OBC but I don't think I could persuade hubby to take the Pacific Island cruise as well...

I don't know if "different rules" apply in Australia, but I have used a NCC and changed our cruise plans with no problems and kept the on board credit.

In fact, I am in the fourth cruise after cancelling the first two - (two certificates), changed to a panama canal cruise (combined both certificates), cancelled that and applied all to another cruise.

RCI moved the deposit and OBC to each new cruise without any issues.

We also had a TA cruise booked with a NCC and decided not to do it before the final payment date. I changed or assigned that NCC booking to another cruise 15 months out and four months later again change it to the Voyager Oz/NZ cruise we did just over a year ago with no lost of OBC.

Again this was for a NA booking not an Australia done one.