Question about Canival Rewards Points

PSkinner

We are looking to book and use our reward points to cover the cost. It shows that with 100,000 you can get $1500 off. Does that price have to be all at once meaning after deposit we would need at least $1500 still owed? Or pay the cruise off in full at time of booking?

Are your reward points with Carnival MasterCard? If so, what my mom does with hers is that she books everything and charges to her card (thus earning 2x points) and then waits till after the cruise (to also include our S & S bill) THEN she uses her points to pay the card balance. She has always been given the option of what charge(s) she wants to use her points toward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We do the same thing, pay everything with card and pay balance every month. I have noticed on the rewards tab that you can only apply one credit per charge and if you make deposit, then payments the total Carnival charges will be scattered and only the Sign & Sail charges will show after the cruise.

My question is, with 100,000 points to receive the $1500 credit does that have to be all one charge or can it be final payment (1 charge) sign and sail (1 charge) for a combined total of $1500?

We do the same thing, pay everything with card and pay balance every month. I have noticed on the rewards tab that you can only apply one credit per charge and if you make deposit, then payments the total Carnival charges will be scattered and only the Sign & Sail charges will show after the cruise.

My question is, with 100,000 points to receive the $1500 credit does that have to be all one charge or can it be final payment (1 charge) sign and sail (1 charge) for a combined total of $1500?

My answer is yes. What we did was booked another cruise while on a cruise. Went ahead & paid in full once we were home. Then applied our 100,000 points ($1500) towards our next statement. Between our S&S balance, the deposits & then paying the cruise balance, we had more than $1500 in Carnival charges. Hope that makes sense.

We dont have a rewards credit card but this post peaked my interest. So I have a question....so the points are on your card and you use them to pay towards the balance of your card?? Am I understanding that correctly? Its not anything you apply towards your cruise balance online but rather your card? And are the points only good towards charges with Carnival?

We dont have a rewards credit card but this post peaked my interest. So I have a question....so the points are on your card and you use them to pay towards the balance of your card?? Am I understanding that correctly? Its not anything you apply towards your cruise balance online but rather your card? And are the points only good towards charges with Carnival?

We actually have the Arrival card from Barclay. We can use points towards any travel but you get the most bang for the buck with Carnival. Airfare, rental, hotel etc are at a lower rate, Carnival is $ for $ until the 100,000 point range.

Right now they are offering 40,000 for a certain amount spent within first 3 months and you get 2 points for ever dollar spent. With the Carnival card it is only dollar for dollar on daily charges and double for Carnival.

You can do either, but you get more payout on your points by applying them towards you statement rather than using them for OBC. Can't think of the CC member right now but hopefully he will post also. He has wonderful info the Carnival card. Yes there are better reward cards out there but I am very happy with mine.

I have heard that it is better to pay off balances with the points, but I never accumulate 100,000 points which is the best value, so I cash in my points for OBC. 20,000 point is $200 OBC or I use it for prepaid gratuities. 8,050 pts is enough for a 7 day cruise for 1 person.

We pay our monthly bills that we have to pay anyway with the our card. Car insurance, Fios, Electricity, water, gas, food, cell phones, incidentals, it can easily add up. With Arrival we get 2 points for each $. So in the summer here in Texas when electricity is easily $250-$300 each month, that is 500-600 points just for them. And with the 40,000 to start we are over 60,000 with only 4 months of spending.

We have used the rewards to pay down charges to the CC for several years. You get a better exchange rate when credit is applied to Carnival charges like sail & sign or booking fees. Just last month I applied 20,000 points for $300 of my bill when applied toward my final payment of a CCL cruise.

Note: we also use the card for almost all household charges and utilities and pay the car off in full each month to avoid interest charges.

• 2 weeks later...

If I use my rewards for OBC how does it work? Does it just show on my booking or do they mail a voucher? Just wondering when I should cash them in, only a little more than a month before we sail.

If I use my rewards for OBC how does it work? Does it just show on my booking or do they mail a voucher? Just wondering when I should cash them in, only a little more than a month before we sail.

I would submit your OBC reward request as soon as possible. It may show up on your boarding papers, but for sure on your sail and sign and account when you board. Enjoy your cruise.