Sunniebgi...

divinggirl

Hi there! I posted this on another thread but you may have overlooked it...lmy husband and I will be doing a land-based vacation in Oct, I found such a good deal it was literally too good to refuse. We'll be staying at the Amaryllis Beach Resort, which looks nice, from their site, and gets pretty good reveiws on tripadvisor.com...do you have any thoughts on this resort, or about Barbados in Oct? I searched for cruise ships docking the week we're there (10/15-22), and there only seems to be three! Is this common to have that few? We'll also be diving with Dive Barbados (John Moore)...I'm trying to gauge how close the resort is to a grocery store, restaurants, etc. I know Amaryllis is a bit removed from the main road, but am hoping there's a bus sto conveinently nearby...any tips, etc you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nikki

• 4 weeks later...

HI divinggirl,

Just saw the post and sorry I didn't repond. Was on holiday, away from most computers for 3 weeks.. kind of nice.. but not nice that it has taken me this long to repond.

Amaryllis Beach Resort is where the old Asta Beach hotel used to me. I've been there since it opened for a child birthday party around the main pool, which is very nice. Did get to see a room, but only because the host of the party had one for chaning rooms. Looks nice and comfortable.

Barbados in October is nice but be prepared for some days of rain. It is still the hurricane season but hopefully most days will be nice whild you are here. Only 3 cruise ships is not unusual as the Caribbean cruise season hasn't started yet. Just wait for at least another 1 to 1 1/2 mths and then we get realy busy.

Don't know anything about Dive Barbados but I'm sure they are fine. Used to dive with Exploresub, but not sure they are still in business (that was several years and 3 kids ago).

One of my favorite restaurants, 39Steps Wine Bar and Bistro is situation on the main road just above the hotel. They used to have some kind of agreement with the hotel on being able to eat their for a set price but I'm not sure it worked out well for anyone (eaters and proprietors) so not sure if that still is in effect. But it's a nice place to eat.

There are several other place right down the road, but the hotel is actually right off the south coast main road, so catching the bus would be your best bet to getting either to Bridgetown, or heading towards Hastings/Rockley and Worthing areas which are better for groceries and restaurants.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer. fell free to e-mail me at sunnibgi@gmail.com

Chat later

Archived