Driving to Ft. Lauderdale- need help

EMcCruiser

DH and I will be driving to Ft. Lauderdale for our June 15 Allure cruise. We will be arriving on the 14th and need a reasonably priced hotel that is close to the port and has one of the packages where we can leave our car parked there. I would like something that is fairly secure, but I don't know if I'm asking too much in that respect. Has anyone done this before? I've read a lot about the park n' go lot, which I guess is another option, but is just one more thing to have to take care of. Any advice welcome :) Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for the suggestions. We have been searching, comparing and debating for the last two days and we finally decided to utilize the "Park 'N Go" company in Ft. Lauderdale and just book a hotel that doesn't offer long term parking. We went with the Holiday Inn Express which seems to be in a pretty convenient location. The hotel packages that offered Cruise and Park packages were outrageous (in my opinion)! We're only staying pre-cruise one night, so a 5-star hotel is not a must for us.

Have you thought about bidding on a hotel on priceline? Betterbidding.com is very useful. Our cruise isn't until Aug but I went ahead and started bidding "just in case." Got a good room for 65/nt in the area I wanted. Just a suggestion.