Princess 10-14 Day Voyages

L2J

Starting to plan for a 2007 cruise and I've been looking at several itineraries. My question is what is the age demographic on the longer Princess cruises?

The following cruises are what I'm interested in during a Feb-Mar timeframe:

Grand Caribbean Adventurer

Southern Caribbean Medley

Eastern Caribbean Voyager

Gross generalization of course - but the longer the cruise, the older the passenger. The farther away from CONUS, the older the passenger load.

I wouldn't dwell on the "demographics". If the cruise appeals to you - go!

Gross generalization of course - but the longer the cruise, the older the passenger. The farther away from CONUS, the older the passenger load.

I wouldn't dwell on the "demographics". If the cruise appeals to you - go!

Agreed but was just curious. Thanks.

15 years ago on our first longer cruise on Princess we found the age group to be more on the older side, especially for exotic itinerarys.

Now, as the younger set seems to have more money and time for vacations, it is usually more of a mix onboard. Even our last 25 day sailing from LA to Sydney had large percentage of passengers under 35, which was kind of surprising actually.

On the 10 day sailings we have found about the same as on a 7 day only there always seems to be less smaller children (unless the cruises are in the summer months or during school vacations). The 14 day plus cruises we have sailed on (in non-school vacation months) seem to have the same mix of age groups. But with very few of the young children onboard.

Hope that is what you were asking about.

We have done the Southern Melody twice aboard the Sun Princess and loved it both times. I would agree with the other's comments. The longer the cruise the older the average age although no gross generalization can be made. There will be less young families during school season and less youger folks in general as they have a harder time taken 2 weeks off at a time.

Overall, don't worry about it and go have fun.

Archived