Ventura fly cruise...

asda

Whilst on board the ventura fly cruise was there any promotion flyers ? Ie happy hour , spa promotions.

Do they still give out port information sheets ,telling you a little about the port and a detailed map of town were ship is docked?

And did you see any of the open top hop on buses if so were they near to port entrance?

Any noddy trains near port for a quick tour round?

And how much were the shuttle buses on the genoa to venice trip? And was it easy to walk if you decided not to use the shuttle bus( sometimes it quicker walking than queuing up)

Whilst on board the ventura fly cruise was there any promotion flyers ? Ie happy hour , spa promotions.

Do they still give out port information sheets ,telling you a little about the port and a detailed map of town were ship is docked?

And did you see any of the open top hop on buses if so were they near to port entrance?

Any noddy trains near port for a quick tour round?

And how much were the shuttle buses on the genoa to venice trip? And was it easy to walk if you decided not to use the shuttle bus( sometimes it quicker walking than queuing up)

Don't recall a Happy Hour, but there certainly were Spa promotions, they're in the Horizon (some of them) and there were others. If you are a tough negotiator I suspect there is always the option of cutting the price.

Port Information sheets were given for everywhere but the map was monochrome and unusable pretty much :) However, other maps were provided, and in Dubrovnik you are dropped off outside the Tourism Bureau and they do a good map.

Didn't see any open topped buses or trains, but I didn't really look

The shuttle buses were free unless you were the getaway (the cheap fares) - they scanned cards as you got on the bus and I presume the cost was added to your account (don't know for sure)

As for walking, only really Naples was easily walkable. Dubrovnik and Venice I would guess at 30-40 minutes (unsure about Venice), Livorno no idea. Genoa docks look rough. Probably the best way to assess this (apart from asking here) is using Google Maps. There is also a website whose name escapes me which is informative about ports.

If you look through this topic showing scanned copies of Horizon, you will see the shuttle bus fare on the relevant day.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2025644

For Dubrovnik it was £4.50 each way and half price for children with a maximum of of two fares charged.

Brian

Edited by BrianI