Grandeur sickness

May I ask a question: do you mean people were refused entry if they refused to sanitize their hands? I can't understand why they push the hand sanitizer so much when it's known it doesn't kill the norovirus. Knock on wood, we won't have to find out for ourselves, but what did they do if someone refused? My mom can't use alcohol based hand sanitizers or her hands break out in nasty blisters. When we traveled NCL, she always felt guilty walking past Mr. "Washy-Washy Happy Happy" and not using the sanitizer. I would hate to think if there was a norovirus outbreak she'd have to fight outside of every public area

I did see people who refused and were still allowed entry. I refused a couple of times because I was literally just squirted 2 minutes ago. I would have her just say "I'm good, I JUST washed my hands"

Before all this, I thought that if I cruised in spring summer or fall, I wouldn't be as likely to be exposed to noro. I just thought it was something that happened in winter. So is it just as common any time of the year?

According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC):

"You can get norovirus illness at any time during the year. But, it is most common in the winter. Also, there can be 50% more norovirus illness in years when there is a new strain of the virus going around..."copied from http://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/trends-outbreaks.html

"You can become infected with norovirus by accidentally getting stool or vomit from infected people in your mouth. This usually happens by

• eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus,
  • touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus then putting your fingers in your mouth, or
  • having contact with someone who is infected with norovirus (for example, caring for or sharing food or eating utensils with someone with norovirus illness).

Norovirus can spread quickly in closed places like daycare centers, nursing homes, schools, and cruise ships. Most norovirus outbreaks happen from November to April in the United States." -copied from http://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/about/transmission.html