UDP and Chef's Table

ylojerseygirl

I saw that the UDP now includes the Cirque show on Epic, which makes the UDP a legitimate savings if you eat at all the specialty places (especially if we buy pre-sailing and don't have to pay the VAT tax on it)...Does anyone think they would reduce the Chef's table price also for a UDP couple? I know it is just wishful thinking, but nothing ventured nothing gained right?

Edited by ylojerseygirl

I highly doubt it.... unlike the Cirque show which is offered numerous times throughout the cruise the Chef's table is only offered once or twice for a total of 24-32 people then entire cruise.

Also from what I hear the food at the Cirque show isn't any better than what you get in the MDR. The Chef's table is probably the highest quality meal and service you can get on the ship.

I saw that the UDP now includes the Cirque show on Epic, which makes the UDP a legitimate savings if you eat at all the specialty places (especially if we buy pre-sailing and don't have to pay the VAT tax on it)...Does anyone think they would reduce the Chef's table price also for a UDP couple? I know it is just wishful thinking, but nothing ventured nothing gained right?

Remember that it's only the embarkation day performance and not every showing,

LrgPizza, I love your pedal trolly pic! Those look so fun!

I understand its the first night only, but trying to judge my mood a month in advance in order to book this stuff is kind of impossible so it might as well be on the first night since we will do it anyway and this way it makes more financial sense. From what I have read the service not the food is the downfall of the main dining rooms, and personally bad service is more irritating than bad food so I had planned on visiting mostly fee restaurants, so this makes it more than a break even.

Monalis,

I have actually heard conflicting reports about the Chefs Table on NCL, I have done them on Princess, Celebrity and RCL and heard that the NCL one is a bit less special. It is a set menu, unlike the other lines which change things up based upon who is cooking in order to present the best options. Food is so subjective though so I take bad reviews with a grain of salt, and I hope that our dinner is magnificent. (the included wine helps too!)

I understand its the first night only, but trying to judge my mood a month in advance in order to book this stuff is kind of impossible so it might as well be on the first night since we will do it anyway and this way it makes more financial sense. From what I have read the service not the food is the downfall of the main dining rooms, and personally bad service is more irritating than bad food so I had planned on visiting mostly fee restaurants, so this makes it more than a break even.

Monalis,

I have actually heard conflicting reports about the Chefs Table on NCL, I have done them on Princess, Celebrity and RCL and heard that the NCL one is a bit less special. It is a set menu, unlike the other lines which change things up based upon who is cooking in order to present the best options. Food is so subjective though so I take bad reviews with a grain of salt, and I hope that our dinner is magnificent. (the included wine helps too!)

I had the Chef's Table on the Gem and it was wonderful. Every course was excellent. One may think that some of the portions are a bit on the small side until you realize that you are being served the ENTIRE menu, including three entrees. Dinner started out with champagne, included three different wines, and cocktails or brandy at the finish. The food and the liquor continued to flow throughout and at the end of the evening you are well fed and well "lubed". You will also receive a complimentary photo of your party plus another of you with the chef, and also a signed copy of the menu which I thought was a nice touch. You also receive a tour of the galley led by the chef. Our group opted to have it the next morning after breakfast, which I couldn't really eat, still being stuffed from the night before! All in all this is truly a don't miss experience! :D

We had already planned to do the early show on embarkation night, just to get it out of the way. I mean, we don't plan to "book" a lot on the ship in advance, with the exception of that show. That was the one thing we knew we didn't want to miss, and the one day we knew there was the least likely chance of there being a conflict. So we planned to book it. Then found out there was a 20% bonus for booking the first day.. THEN found out it's now gonna be free since we have UDP. Ha! I love that we were doing it anyway. Double bonus for us. Our only regret will be if we are delayed in leaving and miss sailaway, but we figure that's only a slim chance. Also, we will be done with Illusionarium in time for our son to make the first night in the kids club, which is a "don't miss". AND it's early enough that if the food sucks, we can grab a later bite somewhere else.

Wow, that got wordy. :cool: